1969 302 Mustang?!?!?

• Sponsors (?)

the side scoops are stock for any and all 69 coupes and verts. i added some shelby vert fiberglass side scoops to my car and like the way they look much better than the stock ones.

that car looks ok, but i see some paint work that looks pretty crappy or maybe it's just tape that hasn't been removed yet. anyway, there is a chrome molding on teh side scoops that looks like it was just painted over on this car and the front side marker lights also look they have just been painted over. again, it could be that they were taped off for the paint job and the tape just hasn't been removed yet.

are the scoops on backwards???

The other day I was thinking about the 69 vert that was on Overhauling, how they put fastback quarters on it, to muscle up the back end. I wonder if that could be done on a coupe, and how it would look.

are the scoops on backwards???

Nope, that's the way they go.

The other day I was thinking about the 69 vert that was on Overhauling, how they put fastback quarters on it, to muscle up the back end. I wonder if that could be done on a coupe, and how it would look.

I don't see why not. It wouldn't take much to match them up. I'm doing something different with my lower quarter scoops. I'll post pics when I get the film developed. I just haven't bought a digital camera yet.

I'm looking in my Mustang book and the 69 coupe doesn't have non-functional side scoops.

69s have them, 70s don't.

That's what I figured. You can see where the "Boss" decal was suppose to go. I'm wondering if the car is a 69 GT? I'm looking in my Mustang book and the 69 coupe doesn't have non-functional side scoops.

Your book was refering to the scoops that were sunk into the quarter panels on the 69 fastbacks. The coupes do not have those.
The "scoops" you refer to on this coupe are more like exterior trim pieces than scoops.
The ones on the fastbacks are far more than skin deep.

Concerning the GT, I almost bought a 69 GT once and there was really very little difference between it and any regular coupe. No special stripes or anything to set it apart other than a few inconspicous emblems.

69 GTs have a black stripe along the rockers, GT wheels, a hood scoop, 351 2v at the minumum, hood pins, GT gas cap, and quad exhaust tips on the 4v cars. There are a lot of fake GT cars.

The car refered to in the picture doesn't look worth 10k to me. Sloppy paint job with ugly trim.

Your book was refering to the scoops that were sunk into the quarter panels on the 69 fastbacks. The coupes do not have those.
The "scoops" you refer to on this coupe are more like exterior trim pieces than scoops.
The ones on the fastbacks are far more than skin deep.

Concerning the GT, I almost bought a 69 GT once and there was really very little difference between it and any regular coupe. No special stripes or anything to set it apart other than a few inconspicous emblems.

yeah, the technical name for the coupe scoops is actually 1/4 side ornaments. don't be dissing teh GT Dave, i have a 69 GT coupe and there is quite a bit of difference, not the leats of which includes the HD/comp.suspension package and the stuff that Max already mentioned.

No disrespect!
I like 'em.
About the only coupe car I do like.

I didn't mean that there wasn't much to them.
The appearance items are low key. That is what I meant.

Lots of cars got the hood scoop, and the duals are not really a screaming indicator.
The one I looked at was gold with black rockers, hood scoop, 351 4v, FMX, 9", GT gas cap, and styled steel rims with little GT poverty caps.

I honestly don't remember it having hood pins/locks or anything like that.
It was 15 years ago though.
I worked at a quick oil change place. This old couple used to bring in all there cars regularly, one of which was the GT.
Not being hip to coupes I never really noticed it other than it was the only cherry old Stang anyone bothered to bring in for lube.
One day I got to talking to the old man and he mentioned it was a GT.
I didn't even know they made them in 69 at that time.
So I took a closer look, that close look and the old man pointing things out made it clear.
He wanted 3k for it. Said he was getting to old to worry with it. Original owner...
I tried to get him to take money down or payments, but no go.
3k was alot of money for me back then.
So I missed out.
Last I knew, he still had it. Very low miles for the age. He still changed the oils even though he rarely drove it.
That GT I missed for 3k and the 1968 Fairlane Cobra 428 SCJ (Drag Pack car) I missed for 3k are the 2 biggest regrets in my Ford life. :(
They both came at me around the same time, but so did a son.
Sometimes I wonder, but I suppose I wouldn't trade him for either...

hood pins were definitely standard and teh dual exhaust with quad tips was only available on the Mach 1 and GT with 351 4v or bigger engine, the lowly little 351 2v still got single exhaust and standard flat valance but it got everything else in the GT package.

mine was originally lime gold with black vinyl top and ivy gold standard interior, probably a sharp car in it's day but i absolutely hate green so it's now acapulco blue with black vinyl top and black deluxe interior. this is the year it finally get's back on the road though and i can't wait. it goes back to the bodyshop on monday for some touchup work and final panel alignment and the interior and suspension stuff will go on when i get it back and then it's just final detailing stuff. i'll get to drive it around for a bit but then it's going up for sale so i can buy a house, but i've got a buddy with a 69 cougar that is in dire need of a paint job but is otherwise a 100% original and low mileage untouched survivor car. the interior is mint, not even any fading on the carpet. the car has only 67k on the clock or maybe it's 76k i can't remember but it's original mileage.