1969 351w Intake Manifold Selection

Mr67Stang

Feb 10, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
Hello. I need a little help. I have a 1969 351w with an Edelbrock Performer RPM I bought from Summit 12 years ago. I just set up some new heads and want to upgrade to a Victor Jr. and a .500+ lift cam. I see all manifolds for the 351w are listed for the 9.5 in deck hight windsor. I think mine is less than that. I want proper port alignment and seal. Can I use a thicker head gasket to make up the difference. Is it even something to worry about? Any direct experience with this? I apreciate any help you can give.

• Sponsors (?)

i have the shorter deck windsor like you (and the block was decked). I'm using a victor jr. Regardless to what block you have, you would want to check the port alignment. Everyone's setup will be slightly different given the number of different heads, blocks, machine work, etc. They do make thicker gaskets if it's really needed.

Apreciate the reply. I figured I might have a 9.5 DH intake on it already but could not be sure. It's been about 16-17 years since I bought any "go-fast" parts for my car. It's time to shake of that rust and dust and nothing does it better than a bigger cam:)

there really isnt much difference between your 351w deck height, and the 74 and later deck height. yours is 9.48" the later one is 9.5", and near the end 351ws went to 9.503". in the end .02" isnt going to cause any real problems.

Apreciate the help. I have to do a little confidence building to get back into the swing of things. Check the attached. This is what I am thinking I might get for my set up. I already have a good block with factory rotating assembly, Kieth Black Hyp flat tops and World Windsor Sr. 2.02/1.60 cast iron heads (new springs installed), Holly 750 w/vac seconds.

Attachments

• wish list.jpg
    wish list.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 150