1969 Style Hip Scoops

CFry

May 7, 2010
I've been trying to track down someone that makes these. I have found a few concept shots but they lead to a dead end. Does anyone know where I can find these?

• Sponsors (?)

flashback69a232.jpg

I think this model in particular was a fiberglass rebody. I've looked everywhere for the buckets alone but can't find them. I'm thinking I'll just need to get some dimensions from some actual 69 buckets and see if they will work.

It's not a one-off. They were making the panels. (Btw, I think they were like $3k-$5k). I believe the owner got sick (or passed away) and they sold everything. I can't remember the name of the guy or company right now. I think the last name was brown lol.

Kenny Brown CSR-69 that's what it was.

I did find that it was a $6k dealer option (i'm sure few dealers, if any, ended up taking part in it). They were stamped aluminum.

And I was right. The pieces never went into production due to bad health on Kenny's part. He's back in the game now, but it appears he never offered them. With the 2010's out now, it probably wasn't worth it. Anyone willing to spend that kinda cash would've just traded for a 2010.