1970Impala Part 2

78CobraII said:
I've seen pictures of Phils house, and its no mansion. The last time I saw him at a show, I think he was sleeping in the truck. Think about how many $200 NOS items he would have to sell every week to make a decent living. Week after week, after week...

And no I don't own stock in the MII Speciality Shop. :)

Hmmm, does this mean i am making his Christmas this year?

• Sponsors (?)

1970impala said:
My thoughts exactly! does this guy have any other profession than selling MII parts????

Yes! Sitting at his computer, waiting to pounce on unsuspecting bidders, like in this auction.
http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50459&item=7940902482&rd=1

I stumbled across this item while surfing, about 3 minutes before it ended...and the first thing that came to mind, was that ol' Phil was going to jump in during the final closing seconds. Anything somewhat undervalued that he hasn't yet bidded on, is a good bet for others to suspect he's got it in his sights. I was tempted to throw a super high bid in on this, just to spoil his moment of euphoria...but, changed my mind in the spirit of Christmas.

So...Happy Holidays, Phil! Be merry, while also glad, that I don't drive my II in the rain enough to have changed my mind and played the grinch instead. :D

The switch is the easy part. Finding a correct working control box (at least 2 different designs were used) is a little tougher. Seems a lot of them have the wiring all hacked up to bypass the broken switch (round here, anyway).

It is a nice option for all-weather use, though. probably the best thing I ever added to the car. Well, maybe after the swap from C4 to 4-speed.

A quick run through partsvoice shows at least 10 still available, 5 at Green Sales.

LXXVICOBRA said:
Yes! Sitting at his computer, waiting to pounce on unsuspecting bidders, like in this auction.
http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50459&item=7940902482&rd=1

I stumbled across this item while surfing, about 3 minutes before it ended...and the first thing that came to mind, was that ol' Phil was going to jump in during the final closing seconds. Anything somewhat undervalued that he hasn't yet bidded on, is a good bet for others to suspect he's got it in his sights. I was tempted to throw a super high bid in on this, just to spoil his moment of euphoria...but, changed my mind in the spirit of Christmas.

So...Happy Holidays, Phil! Be merry, while also glad, that I don't drive my II in the rain enough to have changed my mind and played the grinch instead. :D

Did you guys notice he is still using "vanhalen" to buy and "you.got.that.right" to sell. hmmmm, yup that explains why the auction had no grammer errors. I wonder if that 57.00 was from my 200.00 i sent him. :D

cobraii74x said:
Phil isn't a stupid fella, he knows what he can rape people for. Of course if its NOS Jon you are usually first to take the bend ;) but it'll be worth it when you drive up here and show off your car.

HEHE. I wouldn't mind trying to find someone to flatbed it for me so i wouldn't have to drive it up. The furthest i have been with this so far was 20 miles at one time and that was for the mustang picnic. HEHE. I am looking forward to seeing yours. maybe camping out again by the fire.

intermittent wiper switch

somebody mentioned on a previous post about several different intermittent wiper switch control boxes. I got mine from a granada in a salvage yard. got the switch, control box, and wiring for $5. it plugged right up and works flawlessly. maybe there is only one for a granada???

LXXVICOBRA said:
Unconfirmed sources have claimed them to be on a shelf, in a storage unit that Phil owns...somewhere near the North Pole. The sum of the asking price plus the reward, could probably allow me to retire. :rlaugh:

Funny that you use the term "pole" when referring to buying parts from Phil. If you know what I mean. :D

CobraIILover said:
Funny that you use the term "pole" when referring to buying parts from Phil. If you know what I mean. :D

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

thats histerical!

Welder4956. I appreciate the help. Actually I'd appreciate anyone's help on this. Sal's correct, thats the rumour but probably more truth than myth. I had a set that was brought to my attention from a guy on mustang ii.net website this past summer. he wrote to me and mentioned his friend had an NOS set in white, in his garage still in ford box. he said he was pretty touchy as far as his parts go. anyway, i got his email address (forget now what it was) and wrote to him. he demanded to know how i found out about it. i mentioned his friend. oh boy, that was a mistake. i was told never to bother him again and that this past summer, he was going to spraypaint the panels orange to match his car. i offered to buy a set of nos black for him that was available at the time but didn't want to hear of it. Makes me sick to this day knowing they got ruined. :nonono: :nonono: :bang: :damnit: :fuss: :puke: :eek: :jaw: :doh: :uzi: :eek: :chair: :notnice: