Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Looks great Mike.

The rear is by far my favorite part :)
image.jpeg

I really like the front end, the way it is looks really good.
image.jpeg
I really did like the way it looked with out the center in, so I guess my question is- would an aluminum grill/mesh/bar made like the original shell or silver like paint help break up the orange?
image.jpeg

Last edited:
BTW, any idea when you'll be able to get the glass in?

I'm just gonna put it in a box, and say it's car parts, Dave. It's Booze after all, and it's a gift. What're they gonna do to me if they find it? Confiscate and/or destroy the thing? While that would be a shame,...I'll just have to take the chance.

As for the glass,..as long as we're talking about the windshield and rear glass,...not for a bit. I want to be able to do the dash w/o having to dick with the glass, and make the rear deck piece w/o that glass making me crawl through the car to do it. I'm gonna have to build a custom headliner as well, so I'm thinkin that being able to slip that btch through the open rear glass hole will be easy peasy as well.

Reactions: 5 users
Looks great Mike.

The rear is by far my favorite part :)
image.jpeg

I really like the front end, the way it is looks really good.
image.jpeg
I really did like the way it looked with out the center in, so I guess my question is- would an aluminum grill she'll or silver like paint help break up the orange?
image.jpeg

I don't think aluminum, or silver is gonna be in the cards raggedy,.....the car had a chrome grille to begin with.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDcV6bvB7fHFTT9QOfrCekTjtXLv8wadcqw-m5W63Mw0ENbXsw.jpg

But I found this,...and I can tell you after seeing it,....an all black front end is definitely out.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYEOTS_RoAxNczZLY9oBLRKIx1jOGgdNbAx5kDx2vSMferQK-X.jpg

I guess I'll keep the contrast up front,..It clearly needs it. Maybe I can find a little billet Tornado emblem for the grille.

Reactions: 5 users
Ok,...after looking at it,...I think I'll do one of two things:

I'll run a horizontal bar across the center,....Maybe leave it raw, maybe paint it orange.

I'll simply buy a re-pop 1970 Cyclone rear quarter emblem, and fix it in the lower right of the grille, and leave it chrome

Reactions: 6 users
The only gap that bothers me at all is around the headlights. Nothing you can do about that, except make headlight trim rings to fill the gaps between them and headlight surround? I really like the idea of the cyclone emblem on the all black grille (no horizontal strip), I have always liked the floating pony emblems on blacked out mustang grilles as well. There is one thing that really bothers me about your front end though, and I just have to say it, but what is with the bulky chrome nuts and bolts where you mounted your front outer splitters? To me those bolts/nuts stand out like sore thumbs/sliced fingers. Can you use those low profile allen head bolts and put a coat of orange touch up on the heads so they disappear, or at a minimum blend in more?

Last edited:
The only gap that bothers me at all is around the headlights. Nothing you can do about that, except make headlight trim rings to fill the gaps between them and headlight surround? I really like the idea of the cyclone emblem on the grille, I have always liked the floating pony emblems on blacked out mustang grilles as well. I have one thing that bothers me about your front end though, and I just have to say it, but what is with the bulky chrome nuts and bolts where you mounted your front outer splitters? To me those bolts/nuts stand out like sore thumbs/sliced fingers. Surely you can use those low profile allen head bolts and put a coat of orange touch up on the heads so they disappear, or at a minimum blend in more?

Btch, Btch, Btch....

First you want me to paint the cowl cover orange....
:nono:
Then, you want me to paint the strip between the back of the hood, and the cowl cover black.
Now, you think a 10-24 allen head screw is " bulky" because the nuts are up instead of the other way around....
Re-look at the picture.

Is the anyway in hell that you could get a 1/2" long bolt through that hole from the top as close as it is to the angled portion to the cooler shroud? Cause if there is, you'll let me know then?

I prefer the hardware to be visible. And they're stainless,...Not chrome.

But thanks for the input,...I appreciate it;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Just giving you ideas dear friend! And yes, take a little dremel to the head of the screws and cut away whatever you need for them to slide in place. In essence, that would keep them from spinning too. Pure genius, just not the BMW kind.

Edit: Wait, never mind. They are too far away not to spin, it may just allow you to slide them in, but would then look funny. Hmmm. I dont know, they just stand out too much for how clean your work is. Paint them orange or black? I mean you arent even going to have a polished lip on your wheels, why leave stainless nuts in open view where there is little to no stainless around them to blend with... Just my thoughts Mikey, your damn car!

Reactions: 1 users
Also, that blacked out front end on the example you showed us is different. Your headlights are not black like its are, and you have a way more aggressive front end than that car... I think all black may still look pretty sweet on your car with your clear head lights and cyclone emblem added. Maybe just leave the very outside perimeter orange?

Meh, on third or fourth thought, I like the orange as is. The more I go back to the pic, the more I think it looks pretty good right now. Just add the cyclone emblem and move on to those stainless nuts... :hide:

Reactions: 1 user
I think it looks dam nice the way it is, I dont see the gaps youre worried about,

Agree with @95BlueStallion those bolts just look like a cheap what do I have laying around to attach this stuff, get the oiled metal look or paint em, well get the oiled metal ones...

I'm going to tread lightly here Mike . I love the progress so far .

My suggestion. The grille surround needs to be black and the grille center itself maybe Body color to break it up still .

Again just an opinion .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Mike how's the finger doin? Looks like the paints almost done is it completely buffed out? I agree with Jeff that black will make it look good maybe a grille surround like @RaggedGT put up but make the chrome a body color that way it looks like it's floating in the front. It would be hard though to see since the radiator is still bright silver either way really loving the progress! Keep up the hard you old retired fart

I think it looks alright like it sits. I know to balance with the rear that you might think a chrome/silver trim might fit in.

What's next though? Chrome trim on the nostrils?

Put the little tornado in the grill first and see how that tickles you. I like that idea.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.