Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Saturday,.....I'm a Genius.

Oh,...you just have to consider the source....He's not butthurt,.....he just doesn't like how hot it is in Mike's Kitchen.

For the record,...I'm gonna try to paint (dye) the interior pieces tomorrow. I've been grubbin' around,...turns out that I don't seem to have rocker sill plates anymore. (I think mine were garbage) Fairmont sill plates are different than Mustang (I think) CAN SOMEBODY MEASURE THEIR MUSTANG SILL PLATES FOR ME?

I'm also missing a dome light housing. Again,....IDK if a Mustang dome light is that different from mine,...but I need one. I have to make a package tray. (Down here it's called.........(did you guess yet?).......a hat rack)

I mean,.....they still call it a hat rack. WHO THE HELL PUTS A HAT BACK THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE???It's a southern thing I guess.......Shopping carts are called buggies,....and a garden hose is a hose pipe....You don't get ready to go somewhere,...you "fix to". You don't have somebody call you,...you have him to call you. You don't press a button,...you mash it. You don't go to Walmart,...you go to THE Walmart.

Where the hell did these people get this stuff from???

I have no idea what in the world you are talking about.

Hose pipe???

• Sponsors (?)

It's Saturday,.....I'm a Genius.

Oh,...you just have to consider the source....He's not butthurt,.....he just doesn't like how hot it is in Mike's Kitchen.

For the record,...I'm gonna try to paint (dye) the interior pieces tomorrow. I've been grubbin' around,...turns out that I don't seem to have rocker sill plates anymore. (I think mine were garbage) Fairmont sill plates are different than Mustang (I think) CAN SOMEBODY MEASURE THEIR MUSTANG SILL PLATES FOR ME?

I'm also missing a dome light housing. Again,....IDK if a Mustang dome light is that different from mine,...but I need one. I have to make a package tray. (Down here it's called.........(did you guess yet?).......a hat rack)

I mean,.....they still call it a hat rack. WHO THE HELL PUTS A HAT BACK THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE???It's a southern thing I guess.......Shopping carts are called buggies,....and a garden hose is a hose pipe....You don't get ready to go somewhere,...you "fix to". You don't have somebody call you,...you have him to call you. You don't press a button,...you mash it. You don't go to Walmart,...you go to THE Walmart.

Where the hell did these people get this stuff from???
Its not THE WALMART it Wally World. :rlaugh:

Reactions: 1 users
Fairmont sill plates are different than Mustang (I think) CAN SOMEBODY MEASURE THEIR MUSTANG SILL PLATES FOR ME?

38" on my 1980 Capri. Dome light may or may not be the same, depends on options. T-bird or Continental might be helpful, also.

I know it's late, and you may be weary of the topic, but the wheels as painted lack depth. I'd like to compare front with rear (more pics), but right now they remind me of truck wheels (just a little, but more than you probably want.) How hard would it be to extend the orange deeper into the rim? Easy to suggest, harder to accomplish, I expect.

Reactions: 1 user
38" on my 1980 Capri. Dome light may or may not be the same, depends on options. T-bird or Continental might be helpful, also.

I know it's late, and you may be weary of the topic, but the wheels as painted lack depth. I'd like to compare front with rear (more pics), but right now they remind me of truck wheels (just a little, but more than you probably want.) How hard would it be to extend the orange deeper into the rim? Easy to suggest, harder to accomplish, I expect.
The wheels are SN95 back spaced wheels.
That means the fronts do in fact lack depth, as they are almost 6" back spaced. The rears are 10.5's and do have a significant dish. Commensurately, there is a significant orange band between the tire and the center section. It is what it is though, as stated I'm at the financial break-point with the stupid pieces of junk. It would almost cost more to strip them than it would to just buy new ones. It certainly would be a 50/50 on the cost to powder coat the things,...and I still could end up not liking that either....

It's the Curse of the Monster...I'll bet you that I could walk you to every part of the car and point out something that had to be done multiple times before i found it tolerable/to my liking enough to leave it alone. As for the wheels,....I'll capitulate...I said that this color choice was "the end game",..."part of the plan",.... "here to stay"...."I'm not changing"..

They're here to stay,............for now. At least through the end of the year.

But,.....since we're talking about him (The Monster).....today is another day.

But first, let me plant a deplorable song in your head....And,... (as we say in the South...) For all yall.

Your heads bobbin??

You feelin' me????

Feelin like going to the garage and strappin on your roller skates...Hooking up your disco ball,....Downloading this song for yourselves, and jacking your iphone into your stereo system w/ the big 12" powered subwoofer so you can just get down with your bad selves?....

Now change it to Monster Town....Cause that's where I'll be going today...

*** Yes I'll take you to...........Monster Town........

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Roller skates? Disco ball? The last time I did that was a birthday party at Thunderwheels when I was in middle school. It's a decade or two past the era you're talking about but I'm down if you bring the pizza and glow sticks. Nothing like nostalgia to start my Sunday morning. I wonder if any of those places even exist anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Roller skates? Disco ball? The last time I did that was a birthday party at Thunderwheels when I was in middle school. It's a decade or two past the era you're talking about but I'm down if you bring the pizza and glow sticks. Nothing like nostalgia to start my Sunday morning. I wonder if any of those places even exist anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My youngest daughter broke her arm at a skating rink here last year. Needless to say, she hasn't been back.

But,.....since we're talking about him (The Monster).....today is another day.

But first, let me plant a deplorable song in your head....And,... (as we say in the South...) For all yall.

Your heads bobbin??

You feelin' me????

Feelin like going to the garage and strappin on your roller skates...Hooking up your disco ball,....Downloading this song for yourselves, and jacking your iphone into your stereo system w/ the big 12" powered subwoofer so you can just get down with your bad selves?....

Now change it to Monster Town....Cause that's where I'll be going today...

*** Yes I'll take you to...........Monster Town........

Thanks for the very effective and yet highly enjoyable ear worm! I'll replace it soon enough this morning, but I'll enjoy it in the mean time.

And out here in the Western wilderness, rollerskating to pop music is still available, even somewhat popular among the certain crowd.

I think it's a sexual innuendo Allen:oops:.

I've actually heard a few of those, but hose pipe is just bizzarro.

Hat rack in a car? Nah.

Buggies? Yeah, heard that.

Fixin' to.. Heard that.

"The" Walmart?.. Only the hickest of the hicks.

Hose pipe? Never in a million years.. That's some deeeeep south slang there.

How about odd sayings from our northern brethren? Any good examples out there?

I've actually heard a few of those, but hose pipe is just bizzarro.

Hat rack in a car? Nah.

Buggies? Yeah, heard that.

Fixin' to.. Heard that.

"The" Walmart?.. Only the hickest of the hicks.

Hose pipe? Never in a million years.. That's some deeeeep south slang there.

How about odd sayings from our northern brethren? Any good examples out there?
Nope. We aren't as cool as y'all:confused:

Waaazuuppp my Homlies.!!!!

That not right is it?

I don't even care. I'm like a honey Badger that way.

Today I painted another color that none of you will like.

So,....let me just say it in advance.......Too fckin bad for you.

Last week (I think) I took the carpet to an upholstery guy to have him match a vinyl dye so that I could paint the rest to match as it was "Public Opinion" that I should match the carpet as opposed to going black.

So I did.

I listened to the "community"

So This is what you get.

20160918_153228_zpsntfh3q0o.jpg

Then I do what I do to make that better....

20160918_154017_zps94wcmhac.jpg

So that's the interior color......kind of a weird brown gold thing..... Just one more thing that I'm confident that NOBODY will ever try to copy,...thereby making this car truly the only one of a kind on the planet.

But , there is a method to the madness....lets see how that blends with the leather.

20160918_153341_zpsduwctdcv.jpg

20160918_153458_zps0ybmw3ym.jpg

I believe that I can live with it,....the headliner is about the same color, as it the carpet.

Then I got to looking at poor ol shorted out V2.0.

I just couldn't bring myself to reusing his arms......so I left him alone (besides, they were too large in diameter....(He must've been pumping iron or something...))

So I used some stuff that I bought last year for the job instead.

20160918_153251_zpspgfz20gg.jpg

We're in the intercooling business now fellas.....

Reactions: 7 users

That not right is it?

Last week (I think) I took the carpet to an upholstery guy to have him match a vinyl dye so that I could paint the rest to match as it was "Public Opinion" that I should match the carpet as opposed to going black.

So I did.

So This is what you get.

So that's the interior color......kind of a weird brown gold thing..... Just one more thing that I'm confident that NOBODY will ever try to copy,...thereby making this car truly the only one of a kind on the planet.

But , there is a method to the madness....lets see how that blends with the leather.

I believe that I can live with it,....the headliner is about the same color, as it the carpet.

I just couldn't bring myself to reusing his arms......so I left him alone (besides, they were too large in diameter....(He must've been pumping iron or something...))

Are you still drunk?
lol just kidding man, I really like the interior color. Looking forward to it being completely assembled... Intercooler setup is the:poo:

That not right is it?

So I did.

So This is what you get.

So, Mike, I don't like your interior dye color, and have duly noted your level of concern for my opinion, and find that you doing what you did made it better, but just for perspective, I went out to the dusty old shop where my Capri is hibernating and snapped some pictures.
DSCN2872 resize.jpg

36 years ago, Mercury called it "Camel". And while I'm at it, the exterior colors:
Capri colors.png
Two years ago when I happened upon your thread, I had no idea.
Thanks for letting us watch!

Well,...that was the original design Idea. The carpet, bought almost 18 months ago is labeled as.............Camel.

I expected that dye color to be a little more brown/saddle colored, but C'est la Vie. There is black, (the seats, bars) gold, (The mesh) the leather color (whatever the hell that color is) and Camel, (carpet, headliner, and the dyed parts) in my interior color palette. In the grand scheme of things, I'm feeling good about my color choices.

Since you're cognizant of my stated mindset with regard to opinions,....I just want you to know that I appreciate yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.