1979 mustang GT makeover

• Sponsors (?)

I just want to say that I am impressed by the responces made by the guys with aero nose stangs, I think its cool that you guys appriciate the scarceness of the 4 eyed stangs and that you think he should keep his stang the way it ought to be.

795.0pacecar said:
I just want to say that I am impressed by the responces made by the guys with aero nose stangs, I think its cool that you guys appriciate the scarceness of the 4 eyed stangs and that you think he should keep his stang the way it ought to be.

It's only moral. I wish I had an '86 GT to tell you the truth......

Musclecarfan88 said:
795.0pacecar Whered you get your hood? Car looks great btw!

All 79 pacecars came stock with that cowl induction hood, so yes that hood has been there for 25 years lol. Its just a scoop that bolts onto a regular hood so If you find a wreaked pacecar or 80 or 81 cobra you can have one just like it, I think they look bad ass.

Oh and hissingcobra you wouldn't believe the improvement in handling I got after I put those wheels on, I can litteraly take corners at least 25 mph faster than I used to and not worry about slidng into a pole. I like the way they look too, Im lowering the car tomorrow so It sould handle and look alot better.

Heres a few more pics. I like the last one the best.
370997_91_full.jpg

370997_97_full.jpg

370997_96_full.jpg

I want to see a pic of what you are calling a 79 GT. As someone above stated, there is no such thing as a 79 GT, HOWEVER, the 79 Pace car was called an Indianapolis GT in some parts books. Post a pic. And by the way, I have a 79 Pace car sitting in my garage, NO ONE else in my neck of the woods has one. Be different

Keep it real!!!

I agree with all the above comments. Step away from the car and let someone else appreciate it. You can pick up 87-93's for next nothing. The 79's were the start of a 14 year era of foxes. You should be proud to have the 79 in your hands!!!

Dude you have a pacecar/cobra hood, and your car looks to be in easily restorable shape, please keep it with the 4-eyed nose, I think in the long run you will be much happier. When I first got my car about 4 years ago I wanted to convert it over to aero nose, but I decided not to because of its rarity, I used to hate the 4-eyed look but now its my favorite style mustang of all time. It will realy grow on you and you will get lots of looks and thumbs up, I know I do all the time, and you will get the people who had no idea it was a mustang lol.

I see that a previous owner has replaced the body sail panels with the 87-93 glass sail panels. Good find on the orignal 4 cyclinder VIN, definitley save on insurance where you can. My first stang was an '85 (4 eyed) and I love the way it looked, wish I still had it today. My vote is to keep with the original nose on your '79, however I would update it to the '85-'86 grill and add a front saleen type spoiler. Also, the taillights-I would suggest '85-'86 types there as well. I would keep the '79 rear spoiler though.