Fox 1983 T-top Coupe - $1000 - New Buffalo Butt Beer

• Sponsors (?)

My flight has not left Dallas to come up here to take me back to Dallas. Quite the cluster fck at the moment.

So, will the monster be orange tomorrow morning?:shrug:

I knew I should have bought my own airplane instead of that blue car! I'm so stupid.:scratch:

Reactions: 1 user
My flight has not left Dallas to come up here to take me back to Dallas. Quite the cluster fck at the moment.

So, will the monster be orange tomorrow morning?:shrug:

I knew I should have bought my own airplane instead of that blue car! I'm so stupid.:scratch:

It doesn't take an hour to fly between dallas and OK... Hang in there.

Reactions: 1 user
Have you told the airline who you are? And who you're going to meet up with?
image.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
Well gents,...It's not gonna happen in July.

Who knew that an all too coincidental incident would prevent this from happening,.......If there was ever someone that believed in conspiracy, it should be me.

The "who" that would be conspiring against me,.........Ya got me. But even what should've been a "sure thing" has amounted to a 80 yard drive, only to have to punt it away.

View attachment 561299

This morning at 6, I'm out sawing and nailing together the center partition, and covering the outside pieces in plastic, all while this drama has unfolded with Dave at the airport. Of all the freaking airlines to choose from, I picked the one that decided to have a computer crash two days before he was supposed to fly.

Big Kudos to Dave for the sacrifice. I'm so sorry that he had to waste this day on this folly. Thanks again Dave.

View attachment 561300
View attachment 561301

Covet these pics fellas, you don't know how rare they are. Never since owning this house has this garage been this clean. Even the garage door has been washed, The compressor, normally covered in dust, is evidently red.
You can see that I put the curtains that were left over from Mike's paint Pavillion to use as a block to keep overspray off of the stuff on the shelves. Ironically, they served another purpose,.....If you'll look deep into the pic behind the pole, you'll see a paint spill where I was pushing paint cans on the very top shelf to make room fro more, and one of them (Kilz 2 primer) fell off, and exploded. The center curtain is covered in paint. Had it not been there, the side of the Monster would undoubtedly have gotten blasted as well. The resulting spill has stained the concrete where I tried to wipe that sht up.

So,......no paint for another month. Where does that leave me then?

Part two of the completion gets swung into place. I'm getting it running again. I disabled the car because I was grinding, and welding on the thing, and I did not want to hurt the electronics. So, I guess well see if I did. After a minute, I'll go down and start cleaning up the trunk floor so I can bolt the stuff back down that I removed when i decided to do that..

The goal this afternoon then will be to completely restore the trunk floor. I'm gonna bolt the rear bumper back on IF I can hand rub the areas that are currently painted that the bumper will hide. I need to reinstall the rear bumper because the G hole is bolted to it, and I need the exhaust complete if I'm gonna restart the car,....So,.....

Maybe a new set of pics this afternoon?
There's lots of room for me to get around the monster, for THAT day, whenever it may shall be. Painting it will be a breeze.

Good job on the enclosure too Mike.:nice:

Wow, what a disappointment. I'm sorry guys. This was kind of like the Stangnet Super Bowl.. postponed by Southwest Airlines. :crap:

That was the LAST thing I would've guessed to be the fly in the ointment.. but I guess you can't count anything out on an operation like this. Looking forward to next month.

Reactions: 1 users
Wow, what a disappointment. I'm sorry guys. This was kind of like the Stangnet Super Bowl.. postponed by Southwest Airlines. :crap:

That was the LAST thing I would've guessed to be the fly in the ointment.. but I guess you can't count anything out on an operation like this. Looking forward to next month.
Horrible....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read they had a major computer glitch a day or two ago, are you feeling the effects still?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh yeah, it would suck really bad to be a southwest employee right now.

Connecting flights are being missed all over, and to make it worse (and what kept me away from Alabama), is the fact that all other flights going out to Alabama are sold out for the next few days. Plus the fact that the rental cars are all being taken by those stuck.

Had I gone to Dallas, I was told that it could be three or four days before I would be able to get a connecting flight out of there

I was talking to an older couple at the airport that have been trying to get home for a couple days. Suuuuuuuuuuck!