1986 grand marque engine

rick1189

Nov 23, 2005
Are all 5.0 roller engines the same as far as pistons and cams. Or does a Mustang have better stuff in them.

I have an 86 engine that I want to put in an 88 mustang. Is the fire order going to be the same? Or should I swap a cam out of a 90 Stang I have out of another car?

• Sponsors (?)

the grand marqui doesn't have the HO motor, so the camshaft and subsequently the firing order is different, would still be roller however. I think the pistons are going to be the same. Heads should be the same crap E6 heads aswell. Yes, I would swap the cam and if you have the heads from the 90 swap them over too.

Thanks,

The motor that came out of the car had flat top pistons in them. I think the motor was put in from another car. It had newer felpro gaskets on them and the head had 86 truck on them. The motor is junk. I looked at the marqui pistons were dished but also have small ring thickness on them. I never knew ford made two diffrent rings for a 302. Don't know what all of that is about. I am putting a set of 66 289 heads on.