SOLD 1986 modified GT Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseyfoureyes

Feb 4, 2009
NEW: I have lowered the price of my modified, silver '86 Mustang GT convertible (5 speed) which I've owned for fifteen years. It's a rust-free Southern California car that is a head-turner, incredibly fast and fun car to drive yet retains functional creature comforts like an ice cold AC, tilt wheel, PW, PDL, and cruise control. I recently had a new black canvas top (like used on BMW's and Porsche's) top replace the old vinyl top. A rebuilt pump motor and rams make the top go down smoothly (cost me almost $2K). The modifications:
Blue printed and balanced 306 (forged pistons). Around 7K miles on motor.
AFR Aluminum heads (2.02 Valves), Cobra intake, 190 Lph pump.
E303 Cam and Crane 1.6 rockers.
Mass air conversion with a 75 Pro M.
BBK Ceramic coated headers, high flow cats, and Mac cat-backs (I have the original 4 Cat exhaust if, like California, you need it for emissions testing).
130 Amp, 3G Alternator and Optima battery.
Aluminum radiator and a Mark VIII electric fan (two extra fans, trimmed for the car come with her as they are becoming hard to find). Custom electronic fan controller.
Tower brace, BBK sub-frame connectors, and a four point roll bar.
13" Cobra brakes with drilled and slotted rotors.
3:73 gears
275-40-17 Fuzion ZR1 tires sitting on Miglia 1000 rims, on all four wheels.

About three years ago I installed a Zex 125 HP Nitrous system on the car but have only ran a few bottles through it since the car is blazing fast without it. I purchased a couple of remote bottle openers but never installed them (extra bottle too). Here are the issues with the car: The original color was red. I had it sprayed silver about ten years ago and it is showing it's age. The PO told me that a truck had rolled into the front fender. I can only find a weld spot on the inside fender and the car tracks straight and true. All the power windows work great except the two rear which became sluggish when I installed new molding. I have two extra window motors and a complete rear window/regulator/glass/motor set-up that comes with the car. A small drop of oil leaks from where the low oil sensor used to be. My mechanic put some silicon on it about three years ago. An after market pan would be the way to go. The dash has a crack in it (dash pad covers it) and a small chip (near rear view mirror) is on the windshield. Although I wanted the same size tire all the way around, the fronts should probably be down-sized since in a very hard turn they rub a little. The clutch kill switch needs to be adjusted because every 50 or 60 times you go to start the car you have to depress the clutch again. My 63 year old back refuses to allow me into a position to adjust it! I believe I have shared the good and bad of this remarkable car except to say that she is rock solid reliable, incredibly fast and I wouldn't hesitate to drive her anywhre (Sedona and Phoenix last summer). Photos are on:

http://s1109.photobucket.com/albums/h433/caseypijl/?albumview (click the 1986 Mustang tab)

there are photos of the car, all around and underneath and most of the additional pars that will come with the car.

I am motivated to sell her to an enthusiast who will care for her and enjoy her. I am asking $7,500 or best offer. NEW: I have lowered the price for a quick sale. $5,800. Try to replicate this car or the modifications for that price. A great opportunity for someone since all of the desirable, expensive and time consuming modifications have been done. I live in Perris, California which is 55 miles south east of LA. Feel free to call me at 951-943-4303 (leave a message if I can't get to the phone and I will return your call - evenings are best time to catch me in
IMG_0026.JPG
IMG_0033.JPG
IMG_0019.JPG
IMG_0028.JPG
IMG_0035.JPG
IMG_0022.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG
) or e-mail me at
[email protected]

Thank you for reading such a long posting!

Casey

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.