SOLD 1986 Mustang Gt - 39k Original Miles - Survivor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRaburn

Founder
Admin Dude
Nov 29, 1999
Auburn, AL
Clearing out the stable a bit... this is one I picked up a year back.

14 - 19.jpg

14 - 18.jpg

39K Original Miles
5.0L Automatic
Flowmaster 3-Chambers (sounds like 3)
Aftermarket Head Unit and speakers but I have the Original
Original Paint and Showroom New Interior

This is a single family owned car according to CarFax. The grandfather had it stored in a garage along with a Corvette since 1994. He passed then the grandson titled it and then decided to sell. Grandpa liked his decals a bit, but easy enough to remove. ;)

Car is straight and solid, great condition. A little buff and polish and you are solid. There is some patina cracking on the rear deck.

14 - 2.jpg

14 - 14.jpg

14 - 6.jpg

14 - 20.jpg

The interior is to die for. You cannot reproduce this Canyon Red, trust me, I have tried with many suppliers on another project.

14 - 12.jpg

14 - 9.jpg

14 - 8.jpg

14 - 13.jpg

Known Issues:
1. Small leak at valve covers, easy fix.
2. A/C would need charge or R134 conversion.
3. That's it.

$6500 gets her.

• Sponsors (?)

Clearing out the stable a bit... this is one I picked up a year back.

14 - 19.jpg

14 - 18.jpg

39K Original Miles
5.0L Automatic
Flowmaster 3-Chambers (sounds like 3)
Aftermarket Head Unit and speakers but I have the Original
Original Paint and Showroom New Interior

This is a single family owned car according to CarFax. The grandfather had it stored in a garage along with a Corvette since 1994. He passed then the grandson titled it and then decided to sell. Grandpa liked his decals a bit, but easy enough to remove. ;)

Car is straight and solid, great condition. A little buff and polish and you are solid. There is some patina cracking on the rear deck.

14 - 2.jpg

14 - 14.jpg

14 - 6.jpg

14 - 20.jpg

The interior is to die for. You cannot reproduce this Canyon Red, trust me, I have tried with many suppliers on another project.

14 - 12.jpg

14 - 9.jpg

14 - 8.jpg

14 - 13.jpg

Known Issues:
1. Small leak at valve covers, easy fix.
2. A/C would need charge or R134 conversion.
3. That's it.

$6500 gets her.

Well let me clarify 'stored' in the garage. In 1994 it looks like he purchased the car, and since then 1000 miles have been put on it. Car was registered for a tag various years and imagine he took it to car shows or went out for Sunday drives.

The tires are in OK shape, there are 2 different years of tires on it, and the older set being a little cracked here or there but not dry rotted, still plenty capable of being driven on.

The decals are various. 4 or 5 stickers under the hood and then some kind of decals on the front grill area and across the rear hatch deck. You can see the black decals in the images above. They look like a dealer may have done them.

I had planned to keep it and all I was going to do to make it a daily driver is the following:

1. Have the paint buffed out.
2. Put new tires on it just because.
3. Fix the A/C
4. Fix the valve cover leaks
5. Then just drive it.

Thanks for the clarification. Do you know what the black is on the passenger side of the hood near the cowling? looks to be a few inches long on the red paint close to the flat black on the hood. looks like a nice car.

Those were EFI Injection emblems that were on the car, I took them off, just have not cleaned off the glue from those spots yet. I liked the car, why I picked it up. It would not take much to make it a real clean show type classic car.

Yes, the car is here at my shop in Alabama.

Here is a pic of the rear hatch and many more pics I have taken.

14 - 3.jpg

Body: UV Damage on rear hatch and rear bumper. Most could be buffed out but some patina cracks is in rear spoiler plastic. Slight crease in fender on passenger side, I can't even get a camera to pick it up its so slight.

Interior: Flawless really. One of the front dash speaker has a crack in it (X) and thats really it besides some normal wear here or there, but all the gauges, switches etc are still all new White letters.

TON MORE PICS HERE ==> http://goo.gl/LD8Dxk

Last edited:
Someone take it! :p Bring my 5k cash Gas Monkey style and you can drive it home today. I have faith it would make it across country if so desired. ;) It needs a good home... I hate to sell it TBO but I have other ones I need to tend to and drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.