1987 Fox Appearance Improvements?

87hatch87

Aug 20, 2016
Hey guys so Ive got a 1987 fox and looking for some advice to improve its appearance. I don't really want to be spending much money but I was thinking wheels to start off with... any suggestions? It is going to be my daily for a while which is why I want some improvements on it Thanks!

Attachments

• 00000_lF5N1lsSTCz_600x450.jpg
    00000_lF5N1lsSTCz_600x450.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 203
  • 01616_7HJE7go8tzX_600x450.jpg
    01616_7HJE7go8tzX_600x450.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 193
  • 00J0J_j7tEObTobvU_600x450.jpg
    00J0J_j7tEObTobvU_600x450.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 00505_lnHggM20TMu_600x450.jpg
    00505_lnHggM20TMu_600x450.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 172
  • 00303_4k32vwUmiSi_600x450.jpg
    00303_4k32vwUmiSi_600x450.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 183
  • 00P0P_gJtv0tiE4V7_1200x900.jpg
    00P0P_gJtv0tiE4V7_1200x900.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 207
  • Sponsors (?)

Hey guys so Ive got a 1987 fox and looking for some advice to improve its appearance. I don't really want to be spending much money but I was thinking wheels to start off with... any suggestions? It is going to be my daily for a while which is why I want some improvements on it Thanks!

Hiya and welcome aboard. :)

I'm going to move this over to the TALK section. Tech is where you ask questions like: What is the procedure for / How do I / or list a set of specifications or instructions of your own.

The TALK section is where we hang out and give opinions etc... You'll find the most help for your question here. :nice:

Reactions: 1 user
Hiya and welcome aboard. :)

I'm going to move this over to the TALK section. Tech is where you ask questions like: What is the procedure for / How do I / or list a set of specifications or instructions of your own.

The TALK section is where we hang out and give opinions etc... You'll find the most help for your question here. :nice:
Oops! Sorry and thank you!

What's your goal? If the car is stock or near stock, there is a level of desirability and some case to simply restore.

My opinion, ditch the aftermarket headlights, put in some clean oem style lights, restore the peeling windshield trim, and get a set of rim (but save the 10 holes)

Other than that, the stock look is in these days, and clean stockish cars are very desirable.

Of course, it's your car and you can do what you'd like

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• cut and buff your paint
  • polish up your rims
  • paint your trim
  • Tint the windows

That will make a huge difference. Other than that, the car looks good as is. Whatever you do, do not get
  • Neon lights
  • Rear window louvers
  • headlight covers
  • A cowl hood
  • rear tires that stick out 3 inches on each side
  • a rear wing that sticks up 10 inches

Reactions: 2 users
Agree with Mike.
I would cut/ buff the paint, tint the windows and see what could be done to remove that red stripe. A solid black car :drool:

• polish up your rims
  • paint your trim
  • Tint the windows
That will make a huge difference. Other than that, the car looks good as is. Whatever you do, do not get
  • Neon lights
  • Rear window louvers
  • headlight covers
  • A cowl hood
No rear window louvers?:cry::cry::cry:

Reactions: 1 users
  • polish up your rims
  • paint your trim
  • Tint the windows
  • Neon lights
  • Rear window louvers
  • headlight covers
  • A cowl hood

...or chrome gas cap doors. Seriously.... We do have lynchings here. :D

Reactions: 1 users
Nice starting point, like above, clay and wax it, pain the window trim SEM has the correct color etc.

Wheel Replicas has a good selection of 4 lug repos that are a good product

What's the interior and engine bay look like?

Hell, if I bought a gt350r with those expensive carbon fiber wheels, I'd do that too.

$15k a set is what they go for

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

There's always the don't park next to a curb option.:shrug:

I drive a plain-ol GT and I'm downright OCD about where it gets parked. Always outskirts of the patking lot..