1987 GT with T-Tops

• Sponsors (?)

I bought one and drive it daily for about a month before i got my truck, like everyone else said, they arent bad as long as they are taken care of. With the prices of fox mustangs these days tho and how cheap you could buy a 99-04 GT or 99 cobra, I would rather save a few more bucks and buy one of the newer models for a daily

+ 10000

As much as I love fox mustangs...I could never dd one again. If I needed a dd, I would look into a 99-04 gt first. They are slightly more money but you get more creature comforts.

To be honest...I am spoiled by my current dd and would never want to dd a "race car" anymore. I want to be lazy....but that's just me

as a DD thats just not smart these days, no ABS no Airbag, i just picked up a nice 02 gt for 6,500.

And 14mpg ??? my stock 5.0 vert got 25-27mpg so that was not the problem. Get a newer stang to drive. The 99+ stangs put down about 40 more HP stock than the 5.0

photo-2.jpg

That's why I dont want a new stang :( Tell me that's not sexy. Really though, what do you think?

Its been lowered, has the nice Ford rims, wing in the back and a different hood, looks like a nice example if you like that sort of stuff. 120K a lot of guys would shy from, but everybody seems to want a no mile 23 year old car and get it for free. 120K is what a 10 year old car should have, not one thats 23- if thats the real number, it hasn't been driven all that much at all. Tired? Again, depends on the car. It won't act like its brand new, but from what I've seen from here, it definitley not done. I'd see bout maybe getting the price down(who doesn't want to pay less?), but you may be hard pressed to find a nicer one for less money. Its seems worth more investigation:nice:!

Yeah def the nicest one I've seen on my search and in the same price range as some pretty beat up one. The only thing that makes me nervous is going from a 2002 honda to a 1987 ford, but by the replies so far, it sounds like a pretty reliable car. I know as soon as I hear the exhaust rumble on friday I'm gonna be hooked.

HAHA, this car is an 88. This guy stopped by my shop a couple weeks to talk to me about my car cause he liked my paint job, guys name is Eddie right? This car is really nice. Eddie seemed to be a cool dude too. His wife is makin him sell it haha. And those ain't Ford wheels, they are ROH Snypers.

Car looks pretty good, but the price seems kinda high, 4500 seems more fair, and i wouldnt pay over 4000 for it if i was in the market. Dont fall in love with the car before you have even seen or driven it, because if you show up there like a 14 year old with a boner your not gonna be able to negotiate anything.

My car is an 88 and it has the normal mirrors. Build date of 8/87, reg'd as a 88. This car is really nice, I've seen it in person and I was impressed. This guy bought it the way it was and has only had it for a couple months from what I heard. I would pay 5000 for it.

I looked at a 90 fox last night... POS! for 3500. Car was a mess. Tonight's the night though, checking out the beauty. Having my mechanic take a look under it and check for any rust or anything else. Hopefully it will check out and I can join the addiction.

One more question, this car has no cat's and will def fail inspection. What would the best set up for exhaust be (that's not horribly loud) and still pass inspection?