1987 Mustang GT questions

hola, my friend bought a 1987 Mustang convertible "gt" last summer but i have some doubts about it. i know the guy who sold him the car and i would definitely not be surprised if it was an LX. for example, the trunk is and rear bumper resemble that of an Lx. from what i know of late model 5.0 Gt's (which isn't much that's why i thought id ask you guys) their hatchbacks are short and it seems like they dont have a trunk. but this one has a long trunk and has a long wing on the back, almost like the saleen. also, the gt's have those unique tailights that are pretty big with all those dashed lines, but his has normal LX style lights that are pretty small. he says that the reason for this is because he stole the taillight cover from an Lx and swapped it with his GT, which i dont know if it is possible. and the thing that i really need someone wit an 87 gt to clarify for me is how high the speed o meter goes. his only reads up to 85 mph but im not sure if that is normal. hopefully it is a GT but like i said, i wouldnt be too shocked if it was a replica. it is a v8 and it has Force II Flowmasters but i know that you could put those on LX's also. thanks in advance to anyone who helps :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

Heres a few pics of GT and LX verts. Hope the owners of the cars don't mind me using these pics. Oh, and LX and GT tail lenses are easly interchanged. As are the their speedos.

This is a GT with a Saleen wing. Droptops ride :hail2:
210067_82_full.jpg

Heres a LX vert, its also a stangneters car, can't remember their name tho.
210067_83_full.jpg