1987 Sun Visor Replacement

Brezuz

Jul 29, 2015
Need to update my 87 Foxbody hatchback's lighted sun visors. My lights still work, but they won't flip up. Also are soiled and have some fabric issues. Bought the unlighted mirrored fabric ones, but I REALLY want to find lighted ones to resto my baby back to factory look! Any ideas? I thought of getting the unmirrored fabric ones from TMI and macgyverying the current lighted mirrors onto them. Anyone else try/do this?

• Sponsors (?)

About this time, I would remove the existing sun visors and disconnect the single electric wire for the mirror lights. Find an auto upholstery that has a reputation for quality work and tell them what you want and hand them the sun visors. The tab will probably be $30-$50 each, but if you picked the right shop, the results will be worth it.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks....I will try somewhere out in the sticks. I live in NoVA and they jack prices up here. It sounds a whole lot better than $80 for unlighted no mirror pair or $150 for mirrored ones. I actually sew alot (hand and machine) and my late dad and grandad ran a shoe/harness repair shop before I was born. I thought about finding the fabric and making it a DIY job. Doesn't look very difficult. Anyone know of reliable fabric sources? Is it the same as headliner fabric?