1988 306 INTO 1995 GT what will fit?

brands5.0

Founding Member
Jun 25, 2001
miami ,florida
I am looking at putting a running 306 out of an 88 coupe in to a 95 gt. What are some of the problems I will run into? It has a cowl hood so it should clear the TB the car has a
Holley/fast ecu setup for speed density. It also has a d&d k-member will it work with 87-93 long tubes any help would be great

Thank you in advance
Brandon

• Sponsors (?)

brands5.0 said:
I am looking at putting a running 306 out of an 88 coupe in to a 95 gt. What are some of the problems I will run into? It has a cowl hood so it should clear the TB the car has a
Holley/fast ecu setup for speed density. It also has a d&d k-member will it work with 87-93 long tubes any help would be great

Thank you in advance
Brandon

Motor should fit with no problems, you will however need to run the timing cover and water pump from a 94/95, the accessory brackets as well. The throttle cable will have to be changed to the 87-93 style. As for the K-member, I have no idea as to if it will fit the 87-93 headers. I know the stock one will clear I believe. Hope this helps a little in your venture.

brands5.0 said:
Why will i need to run the timing cover and water pump from a 94/95, and the accessory brackets?
The car has a manul rack so i thought i could just run a standard rotation water pump and the alt. and thats it.

I was saying that because the 94/95 cars have a short snout water pump to clear the fan assembly, but if it is a full out race car then I see no problem with running the std rotation pump.