1988 Manual MAF Conversion

dangrego

Jun 14, 2006
Hey all, maybe you can help me out here...got an '88 hatchback, manual tranny...having problems with my MAF conversion.

Problems:
1. Runs really really rich
2. BAD idle surge (already checked/replaced all other components possibly related to idle surge)
3. Not running near as strong as it should either

Details:
1. Edelbrock Performer II upper and lower intake
2. 24 lb injectors
3. 24 lb cal 75 mm MAF
4. 70 mm throttle body
5. Remanned computer (F3ZF 12A650 DB, I'm told is cal'd for 24 lbs as well) [not sure if i wired it in right due to ****ty instructions and not sure it is truly cal'd for 24 lbs...maybe it is still cal'd to 19?]
6. B-303 cam
7. Milled and ported/polished heads

Any thoughts, insight, recommendations?

• Sponsors (?)

I will, but that will take some do'in right now and a little recon...i will post back again as soon as i can...also, i used connectors vice soldering...would that make any difference? I doubt it, but just checking in.

When I did my mass air swap, I used an 89 harness and swapped the whole thing. It sounds like you maybe have something pinned wrong. I would solder them, but in theory, it should work with solderless connections. It's 2am here. I'll check this again around 6:40 when my wife wakes me up on her way to work.

thanks man, will get to it this weekend...like too many of the few in this country who pull all the weight, I am task-saturated at work and going insane///insaner, so might be a bit before I have time to re-attack this car problem. hey, that is a funny skit thing you got there on your profile!