1988 Notch Fuel Injected or 4 barrel Carb which is better!

it looks as though the PO hacked it up a bit, based on the pics. if I were you I'd try and find a new wiring harness in a junk yard or online and put it back as close to stock as possible, then modify to YOUR preference. Who knows what has been chopped out of there. did you run the codes yet as suggested? that might help lead you to what's missing...

its a sweet looking car though. definitely worth getting back together the right way

That's my thinking.
I'd source out all the original equimpment, including the power steering and the a/c, i'd bet with the way things are done there that they just capped a power rack. make the car appear to be a stock mustang.
If wires are cut on the harness, just get another harness. Sorting it out is more trouble than it's worth.

I know it all may sound terrible, but it isn't going to be too hard to make that car right again.
Proper harness
Some bolts brackets, hoses and accessories.
That's about it, nothing that will really cost much money.

• Sponsors (?)

Havent ran the codes yet, been working all week so havent had the time.
but img oing to have it done this weekend hopefully.
would advance loan out a code reader or would i have to purchase one

Check out my first entry in your post. In it is how to dump the codes with only a jumper wire or paper clip. You'll need a test light or a voltmeter since the 88 Mustangs did not have a working check engine light.

Well ive been thinkin, hows EFI so good.
When all your race shops and shops that build racing engines, use Carb.
Not bein smart or anything. But Doug Herberts sales his engines Carb, and if ya loo at the past all the Carb Cars are still to this day walkin the dog on these EFI cars, look at your old stangs camaros cudas, chargers, all carb and all very fast.

carb work great and are indeed very fast but if you are going to be using the car on the street for the most part, nothing beats efi. easier starting, better fuel economy, and if there is a problem the computer will normally tell you. I converted my car from a 4 cyl and spent the extra money and time to stay efi.

Not bein smart or anything. But Doug Herberts sales his engines Carb, and if ya loo at the past all the Carb Cars are still to this day walkin the dog on these EFI cars, look at your old stangs camaros cudas, chargers, all carb and all very fast.

How much do you really know about carbs? I would be interested in hearing you describe in your own words how a carb works and what the main circuits of a carb are.

You can be sure that I will google you answer just to see if you actually wrote the material you posted or just copied and pasted it from somewhere else.

I wanna a hotrod tho, dont care that it gets bad gas mileage
if your gettin bad gas milage that means its fast.
It will be drove not much i already have a everyday car

if your getting bad gas mileage it means its not running efficiently which means you are not making all the power you could be. you have a stock 302... if you were putting in a serious small block built just for 1/4 mile duty then ok. can those old mustang camaros etc hang with a new 5.0 coyote (which is defiantly efi)?

I wanna a hotrod tho, dont care that it gets bad gas mileage
if your gettin bad gas milage that means its fast.
It will be drove not much i already have a everyday car

With an outlook like that....by all means, swap out a carb and call it a day. I'll be waiting for your next thread titled. "Carb converted Mustang doesn't run worth a damn and gets lousy mileage....what should I do?"

My last car was EFI. It weighted over 4,100lbs with driver, made 410hp/465tq and ran mid/high-12's through an automatic transmission and IRS rear end.

....and it knocked down 25mpg.

Don't confuse poor mileage, with power. My last Ford Ranger got lousy gas mileage and couldn't get out of it's own way.

This very well may be one of the most uneducated comments i've seen on stangnet to date.

If you think a barely modified 302 with a carb is any faster than efi on the same setup, you are delusional.
The EFI mixes the fuel near perfect, think your carb is going to do that?
The bottleneck on a stock engine is the heads, NOT the intake, you can dump an unlimited amount of the air into a stock engine and it still won't make any more power.

You don't have a pro stock or nascar engine (which BTW is going EFI).

You say "the guy before you tore and messed everything up".
If that's true you are a proper successor