1989 Door Lock Switches w/o pwr windows

thehueypilot

Feb 25, 2004
Medina,Tennessee
Does anyone have a source for replacement electric door lock switchs for a 1989 Ford Mustang w/o power windows? Can the switch for the power windows be made to work w/o major cuts to the switch plate? I am getting 12 volts to the switch but only 9 volts out to the door actuator (checked grounds and OK). I took the switch apart and cleaned the contacts with only a little improvment. (10 volts now) I think the rivets holding the wires on are corroded in the joint and tried to re-stake them w/o any improvment so it looks like a new switch is needed. Any help would be appreciated.

Tim

• Sponsors (?)

Well I guess not many people have cars w/o power windows. I have found out so far that the aftermarket does not reproduce this switch yet so you must fix it or find one in a junk yard. To fix it I soldered all the wire connections and the staked rivets which increased the voltage from 9.2 volts to 10.8 volts and the door locks starting working again. I'm not sure why I can't get 12 volts but maybe it's the contacts not being perfect?

Tim