Build Thread 1989 Lx Convert Build Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Got a little polishing done

102_6717.jpg

Went to a friend of mines Wrecking/tow yard that is 5 blocks down the road today and got a nice surprise. I asked the owner last week if he had any explorers with 5.0 and he said yes got one let me do some digging and I will get back with you. I showed up today and got Upper Intake with throttle body, Lower Intake with 4 hole 19lbs injectors, Fuel rail, wiring harness, coil packs, etc...basically the entire upper half of the motor. And a set of GT40P 4 bar heads for $108.46 out the door. The nice part was he had the shop guys pull everything for me so it was all in a box when I showed up. He asked if I wanted the block which is complete for another $50.00 which I passed on. :eek:

Been busy working on the 79, new inner and outer tie rods, new ball joints took the old springs from my 89 and cut them with a dremmel. Gave the 79 about a 2 inch drop and being the 89 is a convert it has nice stiff springs to begin with rather than cut the 4 cylinders springs. I took the taillights out of the 83 GT I drug home I tore them apart washed the housing u getting it ready for paint. I polished the lenses and will be installing them in the 89. I am going to start sanding on the 79 this week and thinking about taking both stangs to the booth on the same day. I will rent the booth for 8 hours which is more than enough to paint both.

Hi Guys and Gals been a long while since I posted an update so I thought I would. I have been very busy with work and life! My 89 is currently awaiting a trip to the paint booth I am moving in two weeks so I will probably have it in the booth in late Jan early Feb. I have it completely prepped again ready to go. I have a deposit on the booth just a matter of time. I have a Engine build going on as well. Bought a 90 Convert for my Daughter. been working on it to get it safe on the road been sitting since 2004. I still have the 79 as a project as well. I will get some photos on soon Brian

Well got building again or should I say tearing down after the move and getting daughters vehicles etc.... Here is what I have been doing with a good friend the past couple of days. Will be sanding the firewall and reshooting it. Engine is getting completly rebuilt got brand new (rebuilt from arkland Machine) GT40P heads ready to slap on.

100_7149.jpg

100_7148.jpg