1989 mass flow or DA1 ?????

serpent00

Jun 15, 2009
HI THERE I HAVE A 1989 LX 5.0 I HAVE A DA1 Speed Density Engine Computer ?? WAS 1989 MASS FLOW SO WAS IT CHANGE !!! I HAVE A HOOK UP FOR A MASS FLOW UNDER THE HOOD WHEN I GOT THE CAR THERE WAS JUST A COLD AIR INTAKE OR SHOULD I JUST TRY TO GET A MASS FLOW AND PLUG IT IN AND see what happens ??? THANKS

• Sponsors (?)

All 89 5.0 Mustangs came with Mass Air from the factory. They used an A9L for a 5 speed and an A9P for automatic. I think the California cars had an A9S. All of these are Mass Air computers. If you have some other computer, someone has altered the car.

All 89 5.0 Mustangs came with Mass Air from the factory. They used an A9L for a 5 speed and an A9P for automatic. I think the California cars had an A9S. All of these are Mass Air computers. If you have some other computer, someone has altered the car.

thanks... should i change it or keep it the way it is whats the better way and sorry i'm in the wrong part of the forum :doh:

depends on what you want to do.

Speed Density = exact specifications(doesn't like altitude changes very much)

Mass-Air = Tolerates Changes in almost everything.

If your good with a speed density setup in terms of programming, then go for it, definitely good for specifics. But for the normal bolt on and go scene, Mass-Air is the best IMHO for the benefit of plug and play compatibility.