1990 Mustang Coupe 5.0 Police Car

• Sponsors (?)

i *think* its just the paintjob and badges on the side of the car..
but i really dont know, i think the engine was all the same, but i could be wrong

id really like to hear about this also

external auto tranny fluid cooler, aircraft hose clamps, heater hose restrictor sleeve, single key locking system, reinforced front seats, floorpan reinforcements, no underhood insilator, no engine bay lamp, black painted allum. wheels, 160 mph speedo (more accurate too)

Opptional=silicone rubber hoses, deleted paint stripes, 130 amp alternator, inoperative courtesy lamp switches, spotlights

Rarety! Only an "estimated" 20k or so were ever made from '82-'93, of which only a few are left due to them being destroyed in the line of duty, being crushed, other people wrecking them and the older ones that have just rotted away. There really isnt any serious collectibility of these cars YET but i guarantee you there will be. It's also pretty cool to think that a cop sat in the same seat that i'm breakin laws in!

I've had 3 of them and they were all different. The only things that were the same were:
1. All were 5 spd
2. All had the single keyed locks
3. All had an oil cooler
4. Each one said "Prior Police" on the title.

I've heard all sorts of stories about the hoses, charging systems, heavy duty suspension, heavy duty axles....etc. etc....I've never seen any of that stuff actually on the cars. It also depended on how they were ordered and by which PD.

actually, the collectablity is getting very high. A restored ssp mustang often goes on ebay for 6-8 grand.

I had a wrecked 88 ssp mustang which I parted it out. After I had it stripped to the shell, and was about to crush it, a guy from MO drove 1800 miles with his truck and a tow, and towed the damn shell 1800 miles home. Finds out it makes his 10th ssp mustang. Despite the frame damage, it was rust free, and he figured a free bare shell with front end frame damage and no rust was worth a 6 day trip and 1800 miles.

I have an ex police car and the speedo does say 160. I still have the siren bolted under the hood as well as other small accessories. these cars a rare to find with a clean title and good condition, if you do find one it will be a run extra than a regular 5.0

i paid 2k for mine, and it has a Tremec Z, 5 Lug Conversion, SN95 Brakes, Pro 5.0 Power Tower, Electric Fan, and Battery Relocation, dropped some, and 94 GT Wheels... I gotta get pictures of it on here for sure soon... only needed a clutch cable, quadrant, and solenoid for the starter. I thought it was a good buy.