1991notch's Progress Thread (PICS)...

Nice parts! Only thing i'd look into is ditching the c&l meter for a pro m or a lightning meter. I'm assuming you're going to have realspeed tune it?

Where'd you get that aem wb meter? I'm looking to do one in my car.

PM me with a price on those 24's and 24# c&l recal tube. I may pick those up from you.

• Sponsors (?)

LOL... I hear that. Call me crazy, but as nice as 03 Cobra's are, I would rather have a blown Notch sitting in my driveway over a cookie cutter terminator... :nice:

You know, the more I think about it, I think I'd rather have the notch too! That is, until I see an '03 cobra again, haha. :D

Nice parts! Only thing i'd look into is ditching the c&l meter for a pro m or a lightning meter. I'm assuming you're going to have realspeed tune it?

Where'd you get that aem wb meter? I'm looking to do one in my car.

Yeah Realspeed did my initial tune and they'll be retuning it again. I bought a recalibraion tube for my C&L and I'm going to put it in the fender with a power pipe. I've heard it'll be okay in the fender as long as the fan turbulence can't get to it.

I picked up the AEM wideband UEGO used but brand new off some gangsta kid in port jeff who was gonna put it in his 240sx but sold it for a jeep grand cherokee on 20" rims :mad: Summit sells the exact same kit for $218. Part number is 30-4100. :nice:

No new updates yet, still collecting parts. I exchanged the 155 lph Vortech pump for the 255 lph Walbro high pressure external pump. It was $50 cheaper and also flows 100 more lph. No brainer! I'm sure it's overkill but I just really do not want to lean this motor out.

I just started a new job so I'm in that awkward learning curve phase and there's a long lapse in paychecks as well. :mad: That will put a dent in my parts buying for a little while. I'm also a full time grad student and finals are the next two weeks. :bs:

I may focus on getting my suspension squared away before I start the NOVI install and retune deal. I also have to do the electric fan and aluminum driveshaft. Aaaaaand maybe a 5 lug swap. It never ends!! :D

Thanks Ryan! I kinda got taken for a ride by the guy who said he was going to buy my car. Expecting to sell it, I sold off a bunch of parts at a loss and was pretty pissed off about it. I coped with it by treating myself to what you see above, haha. :nice:

yeah i know the feeling. i had a guy offer me 5k for my car a few months back...i started seeing 96-98 cobras in my head lol.

So I'd been trying to sell my Florida 5.0 gauge panel on here and on the Corral classifieds for like two weeks with no luck. I had a change of heart and decided I wanted to install it rather than take a hit on selling it. All gauges have green LEDs installed to make visibility easier at night. Pardon the dirty interior. Pics:

florida50001.jpg

florida50002.jpg

florida50003.jpg

I also installed the Maximum Motorsports steering shaft, only to find out my motor mounts are garbage. I installed the shaft to gain some clearance for my long tubes, but in reality I made the problem worse by changing it out. The new shaft contacts one of the header tubes worse than the stock one with rag joint did. New polyurethane motor mounts are on order. How difficult is changing motor mounts in a driveway with hand tools??? :mad:

I also installed the Maximum Motorsports steering shaft, only to find out my motor mounts are garbage. I installed the shaft to gain some clearance for my long tubes, but in reality I made the problem worse by changing it out. The new shaft contacts one of the header tubes worse than the stock one with rag joint did. New polyurethane motor mounts are on order. How difficult is changing motor mounts in a driveway with hand tools??? :mad:

Guages look good, and motor mounts are pretty easy, no problem with jackstands and handtools

Thanks guys, that's reassuring. I've just never done motor mounts before so I'm not sure what to expect. It seems fairly straightforward. Can someone walk me through it? Do I have to take the tranny crossmember off too and the driveshaft and all of that and disconnect the trans? Do I basically just loosen the mounts, jack the motor up, remove old mounts, install new mounts, and lower the motor back down? Is it as simple as that? Thanks!

Thanks guys, that's reassuring. I've just never done motor mounts before so I'm not sure what to expect. It seems fairly straightforward. Can someone walk me through it? Do I have to take the tranny crossmember off too and the driveshaft and all of that and disconnect the trans? Do I basically just loosen the mounts, jack the motor up, remove old mounts, install new mounts, and lower the motor back down? Is it as simple as that? Thanks!

ways ive done it were with a forklift, cherry picker, and other big tools if you dont have either, you can do this
Jack up the front of the car so you have enough room to creeper under, next place a small jack underneath tranny somewhere so you can lift the engine from underneath while you remove the old mounts, install new mounts to block first then drop then engine slowly back into position bolt up and enjoy the good times again

Easiest way is to jack the car up throw stands under the kmember or a arms support the motor with a jack and a block of wood under the oil pan(you don't need to jack the motor up much if at all). Theb remove the two bolts in the block and the bigger one under the kmember. Very simple. If you do need to move the motor up I would loosen the trans crossmember bolts so the trannys moving with the motor. Also you should replace the trans mount with a matching mount.

Just as an FYI. Depending on which motor mount you go with is gonna effect engine height. You may wanna look into this but there are two different companies that make the motor mounts(energy and prothane I think) and I think its like one is a convert mount and ones a hardtop cause wheb I put my energy ones in it dropped the motor a bit
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks guys. I'm not sure what mounts came in '91 cars, but I know mine are original Ford and are dry rotted and cracked to hell. I'm gonna steer clear of 'vert mounts because lowering the motor any would only make the problem with the steering shaft worse. I'll either get some Ford OEM replacements, or polyurethane ones. In reality, I have a turbo kit waiting to go on the car, so these longtube headers will be a thing of the past shortly anyhow...

Oh yeah, I sold the NOVI 2000, haha. I just couldn't resist the potential and allure of having a turbo notch. Pics and a better explanation soon...

The steering column shaft is collapsible. Before you go to the trouble of replacing the motor mounts, make sure the column shaft is completely extended into the engine bay. My MM shaft hit the headers after installed. Extending the column shaft into the engine bay netted me over 1/4" of clearance.

Car looks good!