1992 GT problems

92_fox_GT

Sep 10, 2008
I have a 92 GT and Ive been having some problems with the transmission and Ive been asking everyone I can find out what the problem is. The clutch was supposedly put in brand new when i got it. it is ridiculously stiff and when ive been driving for while getting into gear is a huge problem. it just wont go in unless i push my foot down so hard i feel like it is going to go through the firewall and sometimes that doesn't even work. i don't know if this has anything to do with it but reverse pops out every time. that honestly is the least of my worries because who really needs reverse. i can hold it in and it wont pop out. any advice would be greatly appreciated and possibly save me from replacing the clutch and flywheel if i don't have to.

• Sponsors (?)

:welcome: to :SNSign:

Does it still have the factory plastic quadrant? It sounds like an adjustment issue, or stretched cable to me. If adjustment fails, the pressure plate bolts may be loose, which doesn't allow the clutch to fully disengage.

bad cable.. that was my issue in my 93. It finally got so bad i couldnt use the clutch at all. Replaced the cable and now its all good!

Welcome!!

IMO, If you replace the cable, make sure you use a Ford cable.

FYI, You can get the Ford Racing clutch cable (same thing as the stock Ford one) for half the price at Summit or someplace like that.

I have the Ford Racing clutch cable and quadrant in mine and I am happy with it.

Welcome!!

IMO, If you replace the cable, make sure you use a Ford cable.

FYI, You can get the Ford Racing clutch cable (same thing as the stock Ford one) for half the price at Summit or someplace like that.

I have the Ford Racing clutch cable and quadrant in mine and I am happy with it.

I bought the clutch cable in a ford motorsport box and behold a china cable. Was very pissed however this cable has worked for 4 months... lets hope it works for ever! LOL

Most all of the Ford cables come from overseas but the quality seems to still be there.

If you do have the stock quadrant and pawl, you can pull up on the clutch pedal to see if you can take up some slack (to try and tide you over till your new metal quadrant, FWA and cable arrive).

Good luck.