1993-1999 Lincoln Mark VIII 4.6 Dohc ???'s

Well, I'm new to this part of the forum but hopefully some good folks here could help me. I'm currently looking into this model car and have seen they carrier the 4.6 dohc motor I believe and are rated at 280 hp, not sure the torque #. I'd like any thoughts or comments anyone has one these cars, good, bad, mainteance, driveablitly, reliablity , performance, whatever you know about them let me know...They seem to be a adorable car under $6k for most I'm seen and many w/ less than 100k and comparable performance to BMW's and such of those years... Thanks in advice...:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

the main problem is the suspension. they have 4 wheel air suspension, and the airbags tend to go out a lot. also the compressors can stay on and drain the battery. there are companies that make a kit to convert it to regular coil springs.

the engine uses the same Teksid block as the 96-99 cobras, the crank is cast. same heads as the cobra, slightly less aggressive cams, and a different intake manifold.

us sn95 owners like to buy those cars for cheap and rip the engines out of them..put in some forged internals and shove an aggressive came in it and theyre makin some nice hp to the wheels

i wish i was in the position to do that right now..:(

One of the guys at my work just got a 1995 mark VIII for 500 bucks, it has 87k miles on it and the body and interior is mint only problem is the front air suspension is messed up. He says it needs a front height sensor, that may be all it needs but I have not looked at it myself.

Well since the car is mint I wanted to buy it off of him but he wants 1500 for it.

The Mark VIII's are nice cars. I would love to get my hands on a 97 - 98 LSC... An issue I know on them is that the 96 and older 4R70W can be a problem for eating the one way roller clutch and require a new transmission but that goes for the 96 Mustang GT as well.