1993 5.0 Detonation after 3000 rpm

I have a problem where i have really done everything i know and im still puzzled, i have a 1993 5.0 coupe that i converted from auto to stick.. i put a 306 with a stage 1 trickflow cam 1.6 rockers trickflow heads 24 pd injectors pro m 75 edlebrock 70mm throttle body with a performer rpm.. the issue im having is that the car would break up after 3000 rpm, i have tried bypassing the msd nothing, new plugs gaped nothing, mass air, injectors, plug wires, timing without the plug, with the plug, two different distributors, coil, 3 different computers... i think ive done it all.... but today i was playing with the timing and i noticed that as i would rev the car the timing would drop so it would go from 30 degrees to 0 as i would go up in rpm.... so i know that this is my problem with the detonation... but how do i fix this... someone please help.... im about to light the dam car on fire.... :nonono: :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

i have an sfi damper but im not sure of the brand..... the timing with or without the spout will drop as i start to rev the car... like if i have it set at 30 without the spout as i start to rev it timing starts going to 20 10 then 0 timing around 3000 rpm

Are you saying you have your timing set at 30*, base without the spout? If so, there is your problem right there.

If I am reading that correctly, you need to bring that back down to 10*-15* and see what happens. The timing is going to move as you put load on the engine. But base shouldn't be more than 15*-17*, depending on the car.