1993 GT Mustang Exhaust Question

93gtmustang

5 Year Member
Oct 21, 2006
I want to replace my exhaust system ,which is some type of welded up cob job with flow masters. There is no clearance at all to lower my driveshaft loop, and one of the mufflers rubs ocassionally on the driveshaft. I have an FRPP Alum driveshaft.

I'm looking fo a good clamp on exhaust sytem that I can install myself and has better muffler clearance for the driveshaft.

I have BBK shorty headers. I would start from there.

Thanks!

1993 GT Mustang / Ford Racing GT-40 Crate Motor B-303 Cam / 24 lb. Injectors / Stock Ignition / MSD EFI Blaster Coil / Edelbrock 5.0 Upper and Lower Intake with BBK Phelonic Spacer / Professional Products 70mm Throttle Body / C&L C.A.I. w/76mm MAF / Stock Air Box w/K&N Panel Filter / Holley Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator / Electric Fan / BBK Underdrive Pulley's / A.C. Removed / BBK Short Headers / Flowmaster Exhaust / Tremec T-5Z / B&M Short Throw Shifter / Alum. Driveshaft / 4.30 Gears / Detroit Locker / Moser 31 Spline Axles/ Subframe Connectors / Line Lock / Driveshaft Loop / BMR Upper and Lower Control Arms / Lakewood Adjustable Drag Shocks/ Holley 190 lph Fuel Pump /

• Sponsors (?)

Probably most of the reputable aftermarket full cat-back setups should work. I have the flowmaster cat-back setup on my '93 GT (installed myself) and aside from being slightly larger tubing, it hangs just like the stock setup. I dont have the alum driveshaft, but it sounds to me that your current setup is causing problems because it dosent folow the factory routing as closley as it should. If i understand your post correctly, your current setup uses flowmaster muffelers, but the rest of the piping was done at some local shop/ backyard? Get one that is made specifically for your car and you should be ok. Pics mabye?

Anyone here running long tube equal length headers?
I'm thinking of going with the BBK equal length long tube headers, BBK matching non-cat short H-Pipe.
My car is only driven about 2000 miles a year, and most of the mileage is back and forth to the track. That's what I mainly use the car for.
I thnking of going low cost on the rest of the exhaust, like the one's that Summit or Jegs offer. Dynomax is low cost.
Here's some links.
Here's some links.
http://store.summitracing.com/egnse...tt=exhaust&Ntk=KeywordSearch&rsview=sku&RC=10

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...924761+4294908282+4294907673+115&autoview=sku

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...924761+4294908282+4294907673+115&autoview=sku

Any feedback on this would be great.
Thanks!

Anyone here running long tube equal length headers?
I'm thinking of going with the BBK equal length long tube headers, BBK matching non-cat short H-Pipe.
My car is only driven about 2000 miles a year, and most of the mileage is back and forth to the track. That's what I mainly use the car for.
I thnking of going low cost on the rest of the exhaust, like the one's that Summit or Jegs offer. Dynomax is low cost.
Here's some links.
Here's some links.
Exhaust Systems - summitracing.com

Summit SUM-680793 - Summit® Cat-Back Exhaust Systems - summitracing.com

Dynomax Performance 17490 - Dynomax Super Turbo Exhaust Systems - summitracing.com

Any feedback on this would be great.
Thanks!

Is there anyone running long tube headers?
Is it worth the hassle switching from non-equal shortys to the long tubes at my power level? (345 bhp GT-40 FRPP Crate Motor)

You might pick up a few ponies by switching, but I don't know that you'll really feel much of a difference to justify the cost. I'd say maybe keep the shorties and spend a bit more on the catback.

You might pick up a few ponies by switching, but I don't know that you'll really feel much of a difference to justify the cost. I'd say maybe keep the shorties and spend a bit more on the catback.

Thanks
That's the decision I'm trying to make. Is it worth the cost and difficulty of installing the long tubes.
I see your shorty headers are equal length.
My shorty headers are not equal length.
Are you saying that it wouldn't be much difference going from my non-equal length shortys to long tubes? Or did you think I had equal length shortys?
My car goes across the finish line at about 5800-5900 rpms and I shift at 5600.
That was my thinking of going to long tubes. I've read that they are good for drag racing and high rpms.
How do you like the equal length shortys?
Where they hard to install?
Thanks again