1993 Mustang Gt Opal Seats

RangerJoe

I leave the horn on while driving
15 Year Member
Apr 26, 2010
Georgia
I have an Opal colored interior in my 93 GT. The driver's seat is beyond repair. The spot welds on the frames have been long broken and the metal seat itself has started to tear. I want to keep my seat colors matching, which means I will probably buy new covers from TMI or somewhere similar. A buddy of mine has a set of 90-91 sport seats. I have not seen them yet, but he said that they have the adjustable leg bolster whereas mine does not.

My question regards the interchangability of these seats. Can I use the frames from the 90-91 seats? Are the leg bolsters removable from the 90-91 seats? Basically, what seats or frames can I use to replace mine, or which ones should I stear clear of?

Thanks in advance!

Joe

• Sponsors (?)

92-93 are the only years that don't have the knee bolsters (one piece bottom). I don't think they are interchangeable with the prior years. At least not the bottoms. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for the reply. I've also seen that there is a low back seat (24") and a high back (26"). Are the frames for these backs different, or is it just the foam?

I'm looking at buying new foam for the driver's side and probably new covers for both front seats. So, basically I just need a frame for the front drivers. If I took the foam off the 90-91 seats, could I remove the knee bolsters? I assume the metal for these will just be spot welded on???

Thanks again!
Joe

Glad I caught this thread. The break down goes like this:
87-89 - 26" high bucket w/ leg lumbar
90-91 - 24" high bucket w/ leg lumbar
92-93 - 24" high bucket w/o leg lumbar

However - if your buddy has a set of 90-91 , we can easily cover them in 1993 Opal gray so it would match your rear seat.
Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks
Waylon

Glad I caught this thread. The break down goes like this:
87-89 - 26" high bucket w/ leg lumbar
90-91 - 24" high bucket w/ leg lumbar
92-93 - 24" high bucket w/o leg lumbar

However - if your buddy has a set of 90-91 , we can easily cover them in 1993 Opal gray so it would match your rear seat.
Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks
Waylon

Thats awsome! This takes care of any concerns! Thanks!
Joe

Reactions: 1 user