1993 Mustang with MSD 6AL Gains?

93gtmustang

5 Year Member
Oct 21, 2006
I've read that the stock ignition will handle up to 400 hp
So typically, you won't see any gains with an MSD ignition with my set-up?
I can understand this for street use.
But what if your car is seeing mainly strip use, under hard launches with slicks at WOT.
Is that more of a load on the stock ignition?
Would a MSD ignition give you any gains in that kind of situation?

Thanks

1993 GT Mustang / Ford Racing GT-40 Crate Motor B-303 Cam / 24 lb. Injectors / Stock Ignition / MSD EFI Blaster Coil / Edelbrock 5.0 Upper and Lower Intake with BBK Phelonic Spacer / Professional Products 70mm Throttle Body / C&L C.A.I. w/76mm MAF / Stock Air Box w/K&N Panel Filter / Holley Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator / Electric Fan / BBK Underdrive Pulley's / A.C. Removed / BBK Short Headers / Flowmaster Exhaust / Tremec T-5Z / B&M Short Throw Shifter / Alum. Driveshaft / 3.73 Gears / Eaton H.D. Posi / Moser 31 Spline Axles/ Subframe Connectors / Line Lock / Driveshaft Loop / B&M Short Throw Shifter / BMR Upper and Lower Control Arms / Lakewood Adjustable Drag Shocks/ Holley 190 lph Fuel Pump /

• Sponsors (?)

A 6al is always a step in the right direction but MSD's quality has gotten real shoddy lately IMO I like the ACCEL 300 series for 5.0 the best part about them is the rev-limit function that is set with dip switches not chips. You also get a better, safer rev limiter that drops spark not fuel with either system. I believe they have found gains of 5-10 horse in 5.0 magazine