1994-1995 GT's

all these are noob questions, but i gott'a start somewhere...

i was going to trade my f150 for a 00+ GT, but i cant bare to get ride of my truck, so i think it's time for a second car. i want something that can be made fairly quick, so... bare with me on the qesutions.

are all 1994-1995 mustangs 5.0? meaning, they have pretty much the same engine as the 89-93 fox bodies?

how realiable are they? can i be ok with looking at one with high miles (around 100,000)?

how are they on gas? i mean, i want to be able to take it on cruises and such, so... just wondering

can the 98 tail lights be swapped in?

if i do, heads, cam, exhaust... what kind of power gains will i be looking at?

any helpful advice is greatly appreicated

-gene

• Sponsors (?)

phkng sht said:
ohhh and are 96-98 4.6's really as bad as everyone claims them to be?

Yes, they are ..... unless it's a Cobra (DOHC). But the 96-98 Cobra's will be expensive. Around the price of a '99+ GT, or more.

All 94-95's either came with a 3.8 V6, or 5.0 (GT's & Cobra's). The Cobra produces a little more power, has better brakes, etc. Then there was the '95 Cobra R with a 5.8.

The 2 that I've had have been extremely reliable .... but as any vehicle, it's a case by case kind of thing. These cars can rack up over 100K miles & still run great. Mine almost has 200K.

Gas mileage: I think it would be safe to say that a stock GT will average 16-21 MPG depending on driving conditions/habits.

H/C/I #'s will vary with what combo you're looking at.

Last, but definitely not least .... 96-98 tails suck. The 94-95 horizontals are what makes the 5.0 recognizeable .... and they make the rear of the car look wider & meaner anyway.

awesome1r.jpg

:jester: hehe, sorry, couldn't help it. justin hit it right on.

Paul, that was great. :rlaugh: Gene, dont take it personal - we are a goofy bunch here. There have been a few [hundred] threads along these lines before. I dont wanna see you not come back.
You might get a feel from reading some of the info in the FAQ sticky at the top of the 94-95 Tech sub-forum.

Justin hit the nails on the head, as usual. I also dont like the converted taillights - I like the horizontals, though I think the LED's in the verticals are neat. Because of the fierce debates about this, I am working on prototype diagonal lights for y'all. :D

Re your motor questions, the accessory layout is different, as is the intake, to accomodate the SN95 low hood line.

I get 15-18 MPG in town with 3.55's.

Welcome to the site!

SeventyMach1 said:
Seriously, I think someone should make some new horizontal one's .... made with the same "clear-spotted" effect of the newer ones.
I hear that Justin. :nice: I just had to touch mine up (satin finish black) because you could see red through the plastic bezel (I guess they are clear underneath. :shrug: ).
I dont know that anyone would make them for our limited numbers though. We would get them if they did. :nice:

HISSIN50 said:
Paul, that was great. :rlaugh: Gene, dont take it personal - we are a goofy bunch here. There have been a few [hundred] threads along these lines before. I dont wanna see you not come back.
You might get a feel from reading some of the info in the FAQ sticky at the top of the 94-95 Tech sub-forum.

Welcome to the site!

don't even trip, i'll still hang around, hahaha

i know my qestion was newbish, but i read and read, and well... yeah

i ask about the tails, is because as far as appearence goes, i think all i'll be doing is getting a set of the 98+ 17 inch wheels, lower, and vertical tails... and then the rest into the engine.

:nice:

The best thing you get to experience with a 94-95 GT is hanging out in this forum with all these goofballs and learning a little.

96+ tails suck

California emissions and mod controls are pretty strict, how far would you be able to go with engine mods without getting tortured by the authorities? (Honest question, I'm a Canadian, I don't know much about you guys in California)

as far as emissions, i would have to get it smog tested every 2 years. because of this, i plan to keep as many stock parts as possible, so i can switch back when needed.

is their any better option as far as tails? i dont think any of that euro crap, nor do i like the horizontal lines on the 94-95, i know i will catch **** for this, but i really like the 98 tails, i dont know why.

i know some places have the horizontal lights, but from europe. the bottom bar is half yellow for the turn signals. kind of like the 01+ cobra tails. thats all i can think of. i can't think of any company that has them off hand though.

if you get the vertical lights, at least do the sequential mod....

most H/C/I swaps will get u around 300hp. you can have that done for like 2k. parts, tune; granted you do it yourself. even cheaper if your a good ebayer/classifieder

ProKiller said:
most H/C/I swaps will get u around 300hp. you can have that done for like 2k. parts, tune; granted you do it yourself. even cheaper if your a good ebayer/classifieder

I'd like to see a total h/c/i upgrade write up that stays under 2k. How much is just the trickflow package? Unless u are planning on scoring some KILLER i mean :jaw: kinda deals in the classifieds, IMO 2g's wont cut it.

the price for aftermarker stuff isn't really important to me just yet, since this will be my "project" car, i will have time to save up for it

whats a far price to pay for a 94-94 stang with around 125k miles, also anything in specific that i should look out for, beside the regular mechanical check.