1994 cobra quarter mile times..need feedback!!

Jnstang89

Sep 22, 2003
South Florida
I went to the track with my 94 cobra which has pullies and high flow cats with flowmaster mufflers and thats it. Pretty much bone stock, anyway i ran a 14.7 at 95 mph with a 2.2 60 ft. Is that about a normal time or should i be quicker. What do they usually run? I have the timing set at 10 degrees. i would like to get alot of feedback on this. Thanks everyone.

• Sponsors (?)

I ran 14.5 @ 98 mh in my Cobra vert (read heavy) pretty much stock(Bassani X with cats). I have since ran 13.9 @ 99with just bolt ons with over 122k miles.
You should be in the low 14's & with good driving possible high 13's.
What are you shifting at?
What are you leaving the line at?
Altitude of the track, I was at sea level on a nice cool day with low humidity.

Yeh i raced at moroso also. I left the line easy cause i didnt want to spin and i shift at about 5500 and i just hit 4th gear at the end of the track. I wonder wht gears i have in the rear..does anyone know for sure wht they are? Thanks

Not bad man but you should be a little faster. The 60' time is hurting you some. My brother's stock (all it had was a k&n actually) 95 cobra ran 14.1 i think once and 14.2s. I think his 60 was 2.0x on those runs on bfg street tires. Just work on shifting and getting your 60' down, and you should be right around there. I thinks his mph was around 98 though.
-GM

My friend has a Rio Red 94 cobra and he has a Mac CAI, O/R X pipe, Flowmaster Am. Thunder catback, and he ran a 14.7 at dragway 42 in salem, ohio. It was his first time racing ever though, so I think you could go 1-2 tenths faster.