1994 Cobra's Stock Stereo

Can anyone give me a rundown on what the 1994 Cobra's stock stereo consisted of? I have an aftermarket system in it now, but it sucks. The previous owner took the amp, so I want to remove all the wires and put it back to stock. I'm a stickler when it comes to little things like this.. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

My cobra came with the mach460 system, which consisted of the a-pillar pods, the 5x7's in the front door, and 5x7s and 1 1/2 inchers in the back with 3 amps, and a single cd head unit. I believe any aftermarket system will blow the mach460 away.

You need to make sure you have the wiring for the mach system as well and that it did not get hacked out, check behind the deck there should be 3 plugs back there plus an antenna. one plug is rectangular, and two are square and have metal on them, also the lower opening where the factory cd player goes will have two plugs as well, then you need the harness in each door for the 5x7 and the harness up in the mirror pods for the tweets, in the trunk of the coupes a big amp rack mounts that has 2 5x7's in it and the two tweets as well, plus the two amps mount here, most of the wiring is self contained in the amp/speaker rack for the rear, there will be two plugs for each amp in the rear one is square and black in color the other is rectangular and grey in color each amp has one of each, there will be 3 total amps 2 in the back on the rack, and one underneath the cd player, the rear 2 control all 4 5x7's and the front one controls all 4 tweets, good luck if you need some more help on putting it together let me know, i have worked with that system many a time Dan

000_0344.jpg
I only have one amp for the 460 in the pictures, the other one is in the attic i found out, and don't see the point in crawling up there unless i sell them. I didn't removet he one from under the radio, but i can. I would like to keep my pod for the rear deck becasue it makes my rockford 5x7's with the midbass etc. So all i have is pretty much the stock CD and Tape decks, and the two rear amps

if you want more pics i can get them. Sorry for the delay, i had some camera and battery issues(a 20 dollar battery to replace) LOL

jason

ShiftTheDrift said:
Thanks a lot Dan The Man! I appreciate the help and I'm sure we'll be in touch.
Not a problem, i used to run an install bay, and having my own 95 i got to work on quite a few mustangs, seemed i was always elected when one rolled into the bay, go figure. The mach system can actually sound pretty darn good for a stock system as long as you don't crank it up too loud. I may have the amp rack from a coupe somewhere if you can't find one, and i am pretty sure i may have some amps and the front speakers. Let me know when you need some more help i am more than willing to help out, Dan
[email protected]