1995 5.0 wiring...HELP!!

Hey everybody! This is my first post.
So i got a 1995 5.0HO from a mustang salvage yard to put in my 1995 3.8 car. I got the engine, wiring harness, guage pod, and smog electrical/vacuum deal that goes under the passenger side fender.I have the engine in and am trying to figure out where all of the wiring harness plugs go....having a little trouble. There is a plug in the passenger side of the engine comp. by the firewall that i dont know where to put :shrug: It is a pretty good sized plug and its not the one that bolts to its connection.....sure i'll have plenty more questions to come. Any and all help is appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Ok...so i have a little bit more to go on. It is a 16 pin conector by the top of the passenger side of the firewall. Idk where it is suposed to plug in. I am obviously missing something here since i cant see anywhere that matches up to it. It's the female side of the connection that the pins go into. Hope to have these pics up by tomorrow.

RED=Trans Harness
BLUE=Engine Harness

pcm-1.jpg

And does anybody know exactly what this deal under the passenger side fender is that has vacuum lines coming off of it? I think some of the lines are suposed to go to the fuel pressure regulator and the smog pump actuator....or something. The reason I ask is that i have put the steeda smog pump delete on my engine and was wonderin what i can do away with....Thanks guys. I like this site a lot already

The harness is the same irregardless if it's a Auto or stick. The 94-95 manual computers read a few sensors off of the T5 transmission. The larger of the two plugs is the engine harness, dealing with the fuel injectors and other related sensors.

The vacuum lines are for emissions, you won't need them if you're removing the emissions stuff. However, the computer does check to see that the emission equipment is there, so you'll get a check engine light.

I have heard that there are chips to get rid of check engine lights for smog and egr. Can a custom tune get rid of them for good or just temporary? And what about the wiring? Can the plugs from that emmissions stuff just be cut off??......so ther is a 5-speed harness that plugs to the trans connection?

Yes, you can get a chip to turn off the emissions checks so you won't get a check engine light. You can do it with a custom tune or without, but it's the same basic chip. A cheap way for just the emissions parts is Moates.net - and you can do your own tuning if you want.

There is a 5-speed harness that you will need. It should be the same harness that's already on your 5-speed now. Now, the main harness is in two parts; the part you got, and the rest that reaches across the radiator support and goes to the fuse box. You can plug the 5.0 harness into that secondary one. If you don't have it, you will need the engine electrical harness too.

Thanks for all ya'lls help. I know there are a few more plugs and things that i dont know where to hook so i will be getting back to ya'll soon about those.....So for the emmissions stuff under that fender, can i just cut those plugs off or do i have to leave them and just not use them?

Awsome, thats exactly what i needed to know. I'll do like you said and just tape them off. I found the trans harness that was originally in my car and suddenly it's clear why i took it out in the beginning. It is all burnt up. Ill get a new one and hook it up.

Another thing i was wondering about is a few narrow round plugs by the battery cables. Ill have to get a couple pics to show ya'll which ones, but they are on a small wire that runs parralell to the battery cable. Any body know what they are for? Like i said, i'll get a couple pics

Ok, so the computer is actin up so its a no go on pics for now. Theres a narrow round plug that leads to a ground that bolts to the core support right in front of the battery. It has two ground wires coming from the plug that come together and bolt at the same place....now if i'm not mistaking, this plug was for the v6 and should be replaced by the same setup with a single ground wire going into the plug for the 5.0...i think. Anybody able to confirm this idea?

Don't forget you'll need a 5.0 5 speed computer as well. If you got the computer from the automatic car, it won't work for you. You can get the car started and run it like that, but it will drive like ass.

I'm in north FL, I wish I could get up there and help you out, I could get you sorted in about 2 hours as I've done this myself many times now!

There are too many plugs to remember without seeing them, so we're going to need some pics to really figure this out for you. Did you get the computer harness out of the V8 car too? That harness goes through behind the passenger fender and into the area behind the kick panel.