1995 AODE to 5speed

urban96

bubb rubb says:"woo woooooo"
Founding Member
Sep 24, 2002
Syracuse, NY
i just found a world class t5 for pretty cheap heres the description of it

"this is a five speed transmission that came out of my 89 mustang with a 2.3 it is a world class tranny with the fiber synchros, tapered roller bearing for the countershaft and needle bearings instead of bushings for 2nd and 3rd gears. Lower 1st gear for better exceleration. Will work on 2.3 or 5.0 with correct pilot bearing. comes with stock shifter and the correct pilot bearing for the 5.0"

would this tranny work on a 95 and be strong enough?

• Sponsors (?)

Dude,dont do it!LOL,with the money your gonna sink in the conversion kit,you can put it in your aod,with a little work you can have better launches with an auto,then with a 5--speed.With a 5-speed you have rpm,horsepower, and your rear end gear ratio,with an auto, you have all of the above plus a torque converter!!

I have a 93lx,just bought in sept.Just turned 30,000 (no ****)Im new to the five O's,the car was 100% stock.I went to work on the tranny and gears.I got all the info from reading the pages of stangnet! First I put in a Precision Ind. 2800 stall converter,2nd was gears (3.73) and a trans go shift kit,and in a couple more weeks Im having a tranny cooler installed.Ill tell ya what,Ive been in a few fast cars,but the potential for the little 225 hp cars is AWSOME!This mustang pulls pretty hard and is a blast for everyday driving.So dont give up on that aod! Just my 2-cents