1995 cobra

bud041277

Jul 27, 2005
I have a 1995 cobra and it takes several turns of the key to start sometimes. Other times while i'm driving it will die under full acceleration. I've already spent over 500 bones trying to fix... what could be my problem?

• Sponsors (?)

I can't offer much help for ya. but there are alot of people in here that can be extremely helpful... try the search function through the forums and provide as much info as possible. you may also want to post this in the tech forum rather then the talk forum. gl :cheers:

will it start right up after it dies? or do you have to wait awhile before it starts up again?
and what have you replaced already with the 500 dollars.
and with the several turn of the key. in the morning like the first time you start it for the day. put the key in the on position, don't crank it. you should hear the fuel pump prime. you will hear it whine. once it stops whining then try and crank it.
it could be that once your car has been off for a period of time. your pump can't hold pressure in the fuel lines any more and it drians all back into your tank. hence no fuel and no fuel pressure in the lines. a simple replacement can fix that.