1995 computer??

Mar 28, 2008
i heard these computers retard the timing evertime you shift gears and it seems like the power is being held back no matter what timing is set at. would it be orth putting a fox body ecu in this vehicle? becuase im planning alot more additions to the vehicle
if anyone knows can i put a 89-93 fox ecu in this wihtout changing anything? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You can do this swap but it's not worth it. You need a stand-alone fan controller, ignition box, BAP sensor and some other crap. It requires a bit of rewiring. And you'll be going to a slower, less advanced processor in the process.
You're far better off just tuning what you have (at a minimum you can load a tune similar to that of the A9* series). If you want to read-up on the swap, search the term PIH Swap. This was a popular kit that people have used.

Also, what you're talking about is called tip-in retard. It is more a function of throttle maneuvers than shifting (but it occurs when people lift to shift, hence the incorrect names for it). If you powershift, this bypasses it, for instance.

Good luck.

okay thanks i appreciate it. i already decided i am going to just buy the aem plus n play engine managment system wont ever have to worry about tuning it again if anyone has this system let me know how easy it is to use so ill know when i receive it

FWIW, the stock 5N95 EEC's have supported 700 + hp.

Another option would be to use an RT. Half the 94-95 guys self-tune and they all are very helpful. You'd need an RT, laptop and wideband. You could nail your tune, burn it to a chip and sell the RT to recover some cost.

A few 94-95 guys run AEM (mostly turbo guys). Just in case you wanna compare notes with the 94-95 gents.

Good luck.

tip in retard mainly affects 5 speed cars, helps keep the tranny alive.
the tweecer r/t makes it easy to fix. laptop $300 tweecer r/t $525 from mustang freaks, ($550 anywhere else) and $325 for wideband and gauge. thats all you need, of course if ya wanted to, you could buy EA and BE and it makes things a little easier, or find some one w/ a tweecer r/t and can burn a moates chip ($60) and they can burn you a tune getting rid of the tip in retard.

Here's a little picture of torque reduction on a shift in an AODE car, stock tranny/spark settings... watch the blue line (spark advance)...

2398891103_fd3f786687_b.jpg