1995 Factory Alarm

1995MustangGT

Jul 22, 2002
Dover, PA
My father just purchased a 1995 Convertible GT. It has a factory alarm system and arms automatically after the doors are closed for a short time. Is there a way to disable this feature? My 1995 GT did not come with the factory alarm so I am not familiar with the Ford alarm system. Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

I dont believe that any had "factory" alarms, just keyless entry, I know the cobras came with a alarm of some sort but it didnt atomatically engage, (mine didnt). Just go to a stereo shop and have it removed, or there should be a valet switch somewhere under the dash. Good luck.

I had a factory installed alarm/keyless entry on my '94, it had a valet switch/led light right above the headlight switch, you can see it in this pic, its the little red dot:
IMGP0831.jpg

(old pic, those floormats have since been replaced)

Mine would arm itself 30 seconds after the ignition was turned off and as far as I know, there is nothing you can do about it but put it in valet mode, but I didn't have any luck with this on mine. IIRC you have to turn the ignition to "on", then press the red button on the dash for a few seconds till it starts to flash quickly. The car should be in valet mode and should not arm itself. I could be wrong though. This never seemed to do anything for me :bang:
So I finally got rid of the whole system, and put in a 2-way paging alarm w/ keyless entry. Its 187,304,565 times better than the factory system.

Attachments

• IMGP0831.jpg
    IMGP0831.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 575
I had a Ford alarm installed on my car when I purchased it new. The Ford alarm is actually made by Code Alarm, although the alarm has a Ford sticker on it. BTW, you can purchase the code alarm replacement key fobs to work with the original Ford alarm.

Yes, you can deactivate the passive alarm mode. As mentioned, with key in, engine off and alarm deactivated, press the red light and it will flash twice in quick succession. This is valet mode and the active and passive modes are deactivated.