1995 gt 1/4 mile time

• Sponsors (?)

its possible, he could have a GTS like a (stripper z28) 1sc

he could have alot of gear

and the driver could have run on slicks

check to see if he has a stock midpipe, check for cats, or gutted cats, you will know by loudness, a gt with cats is QUIeT

and b intake are you talking cold air? or intake manifold

manifold makes a big difference

Besides my 95 cobra I also own a 96 ws6 T/A. The first time I went to the track with it I ran a 13.9. I am far from a great driver; I got this time with some crappy dry rotted tires, a slp shifter, a flowmaster muffler and a set of shorty headers. I think my trap speed was around 101 or 102mph. So if you have a lt1, dont worry but if you have a 3.8, than I would be scared.

I have a 95 GTS and was jumping back and forth from my auto to my stick (had my camaro there too) so my 60' sucked 2.4 im sorry to say and i was running 14.5's with just exhaust, im hoping to see a high 13 since the smog delet 9 mm wires, tune up, bumped up timeing, smog delete, and hopefully drag radials if i get off my wallet. but its also a GTS
Russell

Scott_95GT said:
15.1 for a stock aode. Not for a hardtop t-5 car, more like a 14.6. I don't see why some of you guys think a 13.8 is out of the question for a t-5, hardtop car with bolt-ons and a decent driver.
with just some mufflers and cai, i think its far off. now take out a couple hundred lbs, add slicks, timing, o/r h pipe and cai and i could see a mid 13

blksn955.o said:
I remember reading a 5.0/MM&FF mag with the 94-95's (when they were new). They took a bone stock 94-95 with ET streets or ET drags, shortbelt, 14* timing, and maybe gears and went like 13.8....its all in the hooking.

If you do a search you'll find a thread I put together a few years ago about all the Mustang mags tests with 94-95 GT's.

My car, bone stock, 2.73 gears, full weight, 205 all weather tires went 14.9 with a 2.32 60 foot in the middle of summer my first time ever at a drag strip. How 15.1 is the norm is beyond me.