1995 Gt Carb Conversion?

Sirone

Nov 12, 2006
Hello I have a 1995 GT and was thinking of doing a EFI to carb conversion. I know pretty much all the parts I would need but can I use a 79-85 foxbody throttle cable? Also any pics would greatly be appreciated. It is not my daily driver. Any pros and cons, I am trying to get my sn95 into the low 12's on motor. Currently on motor my car goes 13.2 with the stock cam on a 1.8 60'.

• Sponsors (?)

The cable and the fuel delivery are the only thing I haven't done......Other than that its a breeze....Once you know what your doing.....Also diablostang was a really great help to!!!

I used my stock cable and just mounted it onto the intake. If you look at a edelbrock intake you will see 2 threaded holes on the left rear of the intake just behind the carborator flange. I just mounted the bracket there and used the stock cable. You will have to get a connector from Mr.Gasket its like 5 bucks.

You can use the 79-85 Mustang Throttle cable. Bolts right in, no modifications.

I did the conversion a couple years back on my old '94 / 347 CID car.

img0376md2.jpg

Attachments

• img0376md2.jpg
    img0376md2.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 690
The computer gets completly removed correct? Also how hard is the wiring to do? Is it alot of work? As far as the fuel setup goes is that a pain? Im a carb newb, and I really need all the help I can get. thinking of doing the swap very shortly. Thanks.

The computer gets completly removed correct? Also how hard is the wiring to do? Is it alot of work? As far as the fuel setup goes is that a pain? Im a carb newb, and I really need all the help I can get. thinking of doing the swap very shortly. Thanks.

Yes you can completly remove your computer, but your speedo is not going to work....The only think I can imagine being a pain on the fuel setup is cutting the braided lines....

Pretty sure it's a fuel cooler; looks to be a fuel line coming out the bottom of it going to the FPR. Hard fuel line coils around the inside of it and it can be filled with water/ice. Helps avoid vapor lock in carbed cars since they operate at a lower fuel psi.

It's a vaccum canister. I was having issues with power brakes with the big cam I was running.

As far as removing the computer: As Guero said, you can remove it.. I left mine in for a couple reasons.. I like my speedo working, and I wanted to be able to easily swap my Fuel Injection back in if I ever decided to. As it ended up, it was easier to sell the car with the fuel injection stuff still in it since that's what I ended up doing.

Your headlamps/turnsignals etc will all work, just leave that wiring alone. The fuel injection/engine bay harness is the harness you will be removing/disecting.

It's up to you about the gauges. I removed my entire harness and used Autometer gauges for the Oil Press and Water Temp... Some prefer to disect the harness and use the factory gauges.. I'm too lazy. :nice:

You can use a 79-85 Mustang Throttle cable for the carburetor.