1995 gt mods

1quik69

Apr 2, 2005
I am finally ready to start doing some mods to my 95 gt convert. I am looking at replacing the factory headers and improving the air intake for starters. I would like some recommendations on headers and cai for this car. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I LOVE my Hooker super comps, but a lot of people on here seem to prefer shorties. I've heard good things about BBK longtubes, but have no personal experience with them.

Do a homemade CAI, check the DIY sticky.

Also, gears are an awesome first mod, they really make a huge difference. :cheers:

I think I'll try the diy cai setup. The car already has a k&n filter in it with the noise supressor removed. I like hooker comps very well. i have them on both of my Che***s. The main problem I would see with them on the Mustang is ground clearance. The car is a Saleen clone with the full body kit and suspension under it. It was that way when I bought it. The car tends to drag on a lot of dips and speed bumps. I may take a look at them anyway. Ground clearance is probably why most everyone prefers the shorties, although long tube make more power.

Get Gears!!!

1quik69 said:
I am finally ready to start doing some mods to my 95 gt convert. I am looking at replacing the factory headers and improving the air intake for starters. I would like some recommendations on headers and cai for this car. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.

You can't go wrong with BBK headers. If you're thinking shorty headers go unequal lenght as the small performance gain from equal length headers is not worth the added hassels equal lengths. BBK also makes a good CAI, however you can make your own CAI with 3" or 4" ABS tubing and some rubber pipe connectors from home depot for a fraction of the price if you're not into "bling". Personally I think you'd be happier getting a set of gears first, it'll be a real seat of the pants improvement. I recommend 3.73s for manual transmission or 4.10s for AODE. Just my 2 cents.
Tim

18mustangs said:
Personally I think you'd be happier getting a set of gears first, it'll be a real seat of the pants improvement. I recommend 3.73s for manual transmission or 4.10s for AODE. Just my 2 cents.
Tim

:stupid: The first mod that should be done to any stang. :nice: An intake manifold can be found cheap (not a cold air intake, the actual manifold) and is a huge improvement over stock as well. The mid-pipe is the most restrictive piece in the exhaust, not the headers. For performace, go with an o/r x or h-pipe.