1995 mustang gt noise

t86b

Jun 4, 2008
i just wanted to post a problem that im having and see if anyone has any suggestions of where to start.

lately my car(manual transmission) has been making a light steady clunking sound while under acceleration it does not do it if the cluth is pushed to the floor, and it doesnt do it if the car is in neutral, the engine revs up fine by its self so i dont think its anything with the engine. but today the clunk started to get alot louder and violent shaking under acceleration and it feels unsafe to go faster then 40 miles an hour and it also started to make a little squel when in any gear.

anyone have any thoughts?

im thinking possible a bad u joint to the tranny? or something in the clutch/flywheel? i sure hope its not the tranny

• Sponsors (?)

i just wanted to post a problem that im having and see if anyone has any suggestions of where to start.

lately my car(manual transmission) has been making a light steady clunking sound while under acceleration it does not do it if the cluth is pushed to the floor, and it doesnt do it if the car is in neutral, the engine revs up fine by its self so i dont think its anything with the engine. but today the clunk started to get alot louder and violent shaking under acceleration and it feels unsafe to go faster then 40 miles an hour and it also started to make a little squel when in any gear.

anyone have any thoughts?

im thinking possible a bad u joint to the tranny? or something in the clutch/flywheel? i sure hope its not the tranny

My guess is it's a u-joint. Could be at either end (tranny or differential) but if one is gone just do both.