1995 Mustang

Guero

Oct 11, 2005
I just got my 5.0 95 mustang, and was wondering what i should do to get into the 13's, i already have an exhaust with headers, cai, and thats it.

• Sponsors (?)

GT or Cobra?

If it's a GT, then here's a list that should get you there:

Gears: 3.73's for manual, 4.10's for auto (if auto, then a shift kit)
Drag radials
Mid-pipe: o/r x or h-pipe
Intake manifold (not cold air intake): Cobra's can be had for cheap and perform great.

There you have it. There's a guy on here (Joe5.0 I think) that's running 13.9's with just DR's, and a little suspension. It can be done fairly easily. I ran a 14.1 @ 99mph with an o/r h-pipe, cobra intake, 70mm throttle body, and 3.73's on BALD street tires spinning. If I had hooked better I'd have been in the 13's for sure.

thanks, and its a gt 5-speed, so i should get a cobra intake, or would a thickflow or edelbrok be better? Does MSD ignition make any differnce? I need to do a tune-up, so what should i do?Like brand and stuff. How bout pullies, and other bolt-ons, i use to own a gtp and was way faster than this gt, so i gotta make this one faster than the gtp.

Guero said:
thanks, and its a gt 5-speed, so i should get a cobra intake, or would a thickflow or edelbrok be better? Does MSD ignition make any differnce? I need to do a tune-up, so what should i do?Like brand and stuff. How bout pullies, and other bolt-ons, i use to own a gtp and was way faster than this gt, so i gotta make this one faster than the gtp.

With the stock heads, the Cobra intake will do well. Get the car tuned, add gears. Pullies can also make a difference. Eventually you can do a H/C/I (head cam intake) either porting the Cobra intake or purchasing the Trickflow or Edelbrock.

So far, you have gotten pretty good advice on the mods. I would ad pulleys, (steeda, march, asp, etc.), but would probably do a small whiff of nitrous instead of the intake manifold. Dollar for dollar, this will be much more beneficial. My friend installed a 75 shot on his stock '95GT and hit high 13's easily. As far as the tune-up, stick with the factory heat range autolite plugs, ford motorsport wires, and a motorcraft or accel cap and rotor (they are cheap and good).

95COBRA241 said:
With the stock heads, the Cobra intake will do well. Get the car tuned, add gears. Pullies can also make a difference. Eventually you can do a H/C/I (head cam intake) either porting the Cobra intake or purchasing the Trickflow or Edelbrock.
what year cobra? and when you say H/C/I(head cam intake), is that the same intake your talking bout right. What size Pullies? what size gap should i use on the spark plugs?Autolite Right?anything else for the tune-up?and no nitrous for me

Guero said:
what year cobra? and when you say H/C/I(head cam intake), is that the same intake your talking bout right. What size Pullies? what size gap should i use on the spark plugs?Autolite Right?anything else for the tune-up?and no nitrous for me
for the H/C/I all you would need is the cam and heads, gap your plugs to .54, and just buy a pullie kit for a 94-95 mustang, comes with water pump/alt/crank pullies, and try to find a 94-95 cobra intake so you dont need to buy a elbow adapter plus it looks cleaner, i just bought mine on Ebay for 300.00:D

Guero said:
what size gap should i use on the spark plugs?Autolite Right?anything else for the tune-up?and no nitrous for me

Autolights or Ford Motorsport Plugs are fine. Just dont go for the fancy platinum type of plugs. Our cars dont like them. Check your plug wires and see if they need to be replaced, look for cracks or anything like that. If the cap and rotor have not been replaced recently Id look at doing that, its cheap and something that alot of people over look.