1995 Power Windows Or Lack Of

Buddy Tucker

Active User
Oct 2, 2016
Evansville, IN
Hello everyone I just got a old 1995 mustang with a 3.8 now I am trying to fix all the problems it has and I am just stumped on this one
In the drivers door there's no power to the window switches the door locks work and the passenger side door switch works the window fine but theres no power to the switch's in the drivers door
If anyone has any clue I would love to here it
Also can I just pull a new hot lead to the switch's well that work?

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to stangnet brother!

I'll move your thread to the '79-'95 tech subforum. You'll get help there, be patient, a lot of the guys won't get off work till this evening, but you should get some advice then.

Look around the '79-'95 general talk subforum a bit. Post a new thread there when you want to say hey to the guys and gals. Post pictures of your mustang, we love us some pictures! Tell us what plans you've got for the car too.

Good to have you with us!

Reactions: 1 user
Welcome to stangnet brother!

I'll move your thread to the '79-'95 tech subforum. You'll get help there, be patient, a lot of the guys won't get off work till this evening, but you should get some advice then.

Look around the '79-'95 general talk subforum a bit. Post a new thread there when you want to say hey to the guys and gals. Post pictures of your mustang, we love us some pictures! Tell us what plans you've got for the car too.

Good to have you with us!
Thanks man

Power for the window is done through a circuit breaker on the starter solenoid. Silver box. I'd start troubleshooting from there to see if oyu have power coming off that.

Sorry, misread that.

I do not have the wiring diagrams for an SN95 to suggest where to look next
No worry's man I appreciate the effort now you got me thinking I was told the block in this car is out of a 2000 and I don't no how long this window has ben like this I just got the car as a fixer upper because it had a blown head and it's something I can sink some cash into and make nice but after fixing the head I want to get the windows working then going to start looking into trying to get some hp out of that 3.8

Fuses and relays usually power both left and right windows. If your passenger window goes up and down, you can rule out relay or fuse. That being said I would look for a broken positive or ground somewhere in the wire path. You said you have no power coming up to switch in drivers door! You'll need a good wiring schematic on your year vehicle. How good are you at reading them? Start at the fuse box positive side and work back. You could have a module that powers window that has a left/ right side, that burnt out. Check continuity in wires to be sure you don't have a break. Most wiring problems are usually something stupid when you find culprit. If their is any aftermarket items, be sure that the past owner didn't tap into the power or ground from windows/ locks. Good luck, keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Fuses and relays usually power both left and right windows. If your passenger window goes up and down, you can rule out relay or fuse. That being said I would look for a broken positive or ground somewhere in the wire path. You said you have no power coming up to switch in drivers door! You'll need a good wiring schematic on your year vehicle. How good are you at reading them? Start at the fuse box positive side and work back. You could have a module that powers window that has a left/ right side, that burnt out. Check continuity in wires to be sure you don't have a break. Most wiring problems are usually something stupid when you find culprit. If their is any aftermarket items, be sure that the past owner didn't tap into the power or ground from windows/ locks. Good luck, keep us posted.

Thanks man I am going to go bull the fuse box out from under the dash and pull the trim off so I can try and track the wires I can read a schematic some but I can't find one on line that matches my car but I can see from looking at the switch that one hot is blue and the others blue with a white stripe ill let you no what i come up with

You should be able to get a wiring DVD for your car online or through helms publications, they've got everything analog books or DVD. Me I'm old I like paper. Keep us posted, helps other members .

Omg 2 days to find a broken wire
After taking out the drivers seat so I could get under the dash i took off the kick plate and found the plug that went to the door and then I set my voltage meter to continuity and started checking the wires and well the hot wire is busted some place in the door I just jumped a new wire in and solved the problem I got to say the guy that designed this car didn't want guys that are 6ft3 under the dashboard. O my back

Reactions: 1 users