1996 Mustang Gt 120k Supercharged?

Sn95bythebay

Sep 1, 2016
First post!
I just drove in my buddy's 1996 mustang gt with 70k and a v1 vortech system on it everything else is stock and wow I want one now. My question is will my 1996 mustang gt with 120k be ok under boost? Right now I have a full pi swap stage 2 comp cams under drive pulleys full exhaust custom tune 75mm throttle body/plenum and 373 gears. I know I will have to get a bigger fuel pump and injectors to run a vortec system. What else would you recommend me to buy (besides the vortec kit) to make this work and work well (that's if you think it is a good idea if I should do it or not) I don't know that much on this subject so any info would help.

• Sponsors (?)

Does full PI swap mean PI heads and PI intake on a non-PI block? If so please be remember that this combination has a higher CR and as such should not be subjected to the same level of boost.

Sometimes cams that work well in a NA application don't work as well in a boosted application.

My advice. Do your homework. Don't go crazy with the boost. Keep the gas octane high which shouldn't be hard as the higher CR motor already requires more Octane..

If by "stage 2" you mean comp 270 cams, plan on changing them out. With those cams, the overlap will allow the intake charge to flow right through and out the exhaust. As for the boost level on a pi headswap, it will be okay if you keep the pressures relatively reasonable. Don't think you're going to crank it to 12psi like that.