Engine 1997 4.6 Into A 1994 Body?

j966er

Apr 13, 2014
south florida
Some of you know that I wrecked the best . Now I have the motor ,trans ,procharger ,and all other salvageable parts out I need a new body to put it all in . I have found a super clean 94 that has a blown 5.0 on craigslist. Will all my parts go right in ? Will my harness plug in at the firewall like it did on my 97 ? I'm intimidated by electrical work so I would like to get a body that I can just plug an play with all my parts .

• Sponsors (?)

Do you still have the '97 to swap parts back and forth from if you need to? Cause it's gonna be a reaaaaalll pain in that @ss if you don't.

.....and you'll need a 4.6L K-member to go with the engine. The 5.0L K-member isn't the same.

K member, computer, engine, trans, trans k member, drive shaft, entire hyrdroboost system, wiring harness from firewall forward, probably the dash harness, instrument cluster, computer, exhaust, off the top of my head.

I think I'll keep on looking untill I find a better fit . I do still have the 97 but my wife said it has to go before I get the new body . So the junk yard is coming for it today.
Then I'd look for another '96-'98 car to put it in. Far less work.

I hope you pulled the ECU too? I'm gonna assume it's already pre-programmed to work with the procharged setup?

If you can talk your wife into letting you have your balls back for a minute, you'll still be far better off having the salvage car around to run back and forth for parts for.

Reactions: 1 user
Then I'd look for another '96-'98 car to put it in. Far less work.

I hope you pulled the ECU too? I'm gonna assume it's already pre-programmed to work with the procharged setup?

If you can talk your wife into letting you have your balls back for a minute, you'll still be far better off having the salvage car around to run back and forth for parts for.
Yes I did pull the computer . I did have balls at one time but been with my wife for 15 yr I would not no where to find them ha ha ha . Should a 1997 covers body work ?