1998 cobra K member??

• Sponsors (?)

i though for me to put long utbe headers on i would need to replce the stock k member?

Hmm if i dont need to replacek member then why would i ??????:nono:

I have an h pipe on it already ,,should i just cut that one down to fit with long tubes or should i buy new shorter h pipe????

Im in penn township!!

All tubular suspension parts are junk. I just rode in a 10 second Mustang with that crap. What a joke. Everything sqeaks and I thought I was gonna die when we hit railroad tracks and bumps in the road.

The stock on is the best. I will agree with the above post.

SVT32VDOHC said:
All tubular suspension parts are junk. I just rode in a 10 second Mustang with that crap. What a joke. Everything sqeaks and I thought I was gonna die when we hit railroad tracks and bumps in the road.

The car you rode in probably had coil overs also...if you stick with stock springs and struts an aftermarket K-member shouldn't be any more noisy than the stock one...Unfortunately, most K-members require coilovers since they don't include stock spring perches on their A-arms...Some let you re-use the stock a-arms though and retain the stock springs...

SVT32VDOHC said:

You are kidding right? A good K setup like the MM unit is much stronger than the stock unit. The squeaking was from Poly crap bushings. Never use Poly. Its a waste of money. The durometer reading on poly Vs the stock newer cobra rubber is almost the same. Delrin or sphericals are the only way to get near zero deflection. A tube K will require coilovers. This will give you a much smoother ride because they dont bind the bushings like the stock spring position. You can run lighter springs and actually have a higher wheel rate. A good K will also change the pivot position for the control arms. You get much better ackerman angle. Every aspect of the steering geometry is improved. You also gain header clearence and can run much bigger tires. Some K's even move the wheels forward 3/4 " which will really help our front heavy mustangs.