1999 Cobra

• Sponsors (?)

98' 281ci 4v DOHC 305 bhp.....Pretty quick

Insurance depends on your age and driving history..

Although it should be told that a Cobra recieves a 27 rating which is the highest in insurance risk...ouch!!

What does the insurance company consider a 1?

a rascal?

scooter_265le.jpg

In that case....no, '99 wasn't a great year for the Cobra. Not that they had a lot of problems mind you, but they weren't making the advertised power that Ford had promised upon their reintroduction. Ford offered a "fix" for the problem that included an extrude honed intake manifold, a better flowing exhaust system and a computer flash that was supposed to bring the new DOHC back up to par with what owners were expecting. But in comparison to the '01 Cobra that was supposed to be virtually unchanged, the performance of the '99 still fell a little short. Still great cars mind you and once bolt-on’s come into play, you wouldn’t know the difference between the two years.

As for insurance.....Expect to pay more for a Cobra over a GT right off the bat. But as to how much more is all going to depend on your State, Age and Driving record.

Derek1984 said:
One of my fraternity brothers is trying to sell his dad's 1998 cobra it has 38,000 miles on it and is asking 11,000 for it. Does anybody know it this was a good year for the cobra dnd how much insurance would run.
I would DEFINATELY get a 99 Cobra that has 38k miles for $11,000. Awesome deal if its in good shape.

do it

A 99 Cobra with 38K for $11K IS a good deal if the car is in good shape. There will be a sticker toward the front of the underside of the hood that will have a date if/when the ECU was reprogrammed as part of the "fix." Very few owners didn't get the fix, everybody always brings it up, but honestly there probably are not more than a handfull of them left out there. You will be fine if the owner took good care of it.
Check the oil level before you start it up too.

03GTconv said:
my bad 29.....

FOR AN EXPLORER :rlaugh:
Yup.....Sucks to be me, I know. Although I'm not sure what you find funny about it? :shrug: By the looks of your laughter, it almost gives me the impression that you’re considering a Explorer a low end vehicle or something? Maybe the base, no frills, stripped to the paint models could be considered as such, but the MSRP on my Sport was $43,000 and probably came with more options available than your Vert….and I don’t have to garage when there’s more than half and inch worth of snow on the ground! :D I think you're mistakenly under the impression that only higher end expensive "sports cars" get high insurance ratings? The fact of the matter is, although my Ex's Short wheel base, solid axle, narrow stance and tall ride height make it an ideal off road vehicle (if one so chose to use if for this purpose), it also makes it one of the "highest risk" vehicles on the road from a safety standpoint. This pretty much goes for most of the SUV's unfortunately. :(