1999 gt dyno numbers

just wanted to post the results of my recent dyno tune , all the car has for horse power upgrades is a k&n fipk2 , mac pro chamber no cats and flow master mufflers. here are the results after the custom tune.

final numbers

img007.jpg

baseline with no tunes just the upgrades and final numbers

img008.jpg

Attachments

• img007.jpg
    img007.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 127
  • img008.jpg
    img008.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 116
  • Sponsors (?)

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Those are some great "Happy Numbers" you got from that speed shop. Make sure you never go there again because all their doing is stealing your money. On a Mustang dyno I got 273/290 with catback, catted x, tune, and CAI. Did they slip a Mach engine into your GT???:nonono:

well it is not the numbers i care about it is the gain, I have known the tuner since high school and i worked at the shop for over a year he is the best tuner around here and i would bet in almost anywhere . I am not a tuner but do know that he set it up so it sprays the valve before it opens and he spent alot of time moding the ve and fuel tables due to the fact that from what he says the flow of the engine was impresive without the cats, there was six of them. There is no reason for him to bull**** he wasn't making money off me for the numbers he is a close close friend and i am the one who set up the car on the dyno there wasn't any mods to the numbers so thats all i am gonna say

just to add i have run the car at the track and it runs a 13.2 with the stock gears and all burnin the tires through 1st

You can say they are next to impossible but you don't know the shop the tuner or what he is capable of, tuning makes all the difference. You may have seen the post on here with a vortec sc and a methanol system on a bone stock engine no other mods and it put down 407 hp to the wheels that was tuned by the same person, Ravi at Speed Freaks.

The numbers do seem improbable compared to what everyone else is getting around here. But, I myself cant call BS - I've never even had my own car dynoed.

I do find it interesting though, your peak to peak gains on both runs for both HP&TQ were at the same exact RPM. It would be my guess that they would fluctuate, atleast a little.

You can say they are next to impossible but you don't know the shop the tuner or what he is capable of, tuning makes all the difference. You may have seen the post on here with a vortec sc and a methanol system on a bone stock engine no other mods and it put down 407 hp to the wheels that was tuned by the same person, Ravi at Speed Freaks.

Sure, that's on an FI engine, and where he can add a hell of a lot more timing due to the methanol.

But your car, for all intensive purposes, is bone stock. Let's examine it for a minute:

FIPK, maybe 4HP and that's generous
Prochamber and midpipe, maybe 10 HP.
Flowmasters, most likely none.

So in essence, you gained about 15 HP (generous) over a stock GT. Let's say stock you dyno about 235, so you mods give you a total of 250, again generous. Now, are you saying by "tuning" your car you netted another 26.3HP? There are cars on here with stage 1 cams, LT's, full exhaust and TUNED that are making that HP level, and you're telling us that you did the same with only an intake and semi-exhaust?

Think about that for a minute, and you'll see why many people are disputing what you're posting on here.

with Prochamber, flows, JLT Short Ram, 4.10's and my Diablosport predator set with 10% additional timing... and 14:1 a/f ratio i made 240hp and 282tq... theres no way that you made THAT MUCH MORE than me with changes in injector pulse width...

I don't pretend to know much about tuning fuel injection and don't even know the details about the tune he made . He would have to be the one to say all that he changed because I don't know. I strapped the car down did a base line pull with no one touching the tune it pulled the baseline numbers i set up the dyno computer as well with my info, I don't care about the actual highness of the numbers all i care about it the gain which is 100% true nothing on the dyno was modified between the pulls only the calibration in my cars computer so whether the car started with 210 hp to the wheels or 290 it really doesn't matter to me all that does is the gain.

No amount of tuning can coax that much power out of a near stock GT. Not to mention it's on a Mustang Dyno.

BTW his dyno sheet sucks.

Well that is your perspective if you want to argue more about the tune and what you can get out of it then by all means call his shop in tracy, ca and you can talk specifics with him I am not the one to argue fuel injection tuning with but he is.

All I know is the car ran 13.94 before the tune and 13.46 with no other mods (other then me getting a little better at driving ) then i did 4.10 drag radials and control arms got me to a 13.2 and thats what matters to me.