1999 gt dyno numbers

The tuner is blowing smoke up your a$$hole. It's not hard to make "huge gains" with as simple click of the mouse in the dyno software. It's good from the shops standpoint if they get away with it, more people will want to have their cars tuned there, make more money, etc.

Dyno is a tuning tool, nothing else.

• Sponsors (?)

Well that is your perspective if you want to argue more about the tune and what you can get out of it then by all means call his shop in tracy, ca and you can talk specifics with him I am not the one to argue fuel injection tuning with but he is.

All I know is the car ran 13.94 before the tune and 13.46 with no other mods (other then me getting a little better at driving ) then i did 4.10 drag radials and control arms got me to a 13.2 and thats what matters to me.

I think most of that .26 is the DR's, gears and LCAs than anything else.

You can say they are next to impossible but you don't know the shop the tuner or what he is capable of, tuning makes all the difference. You may have seen the post on here with a vortec sc and a methanol system on a bone stock engine no other mods and it put down 407 hp to the wheels that was tuned by the same person, Ravi at Speed Freaks.

Hey Austin there is nothing wrong with your numbers. They are well within reason. I've seen plenty of cars with your similar mods put down the same on a MD-250 Mustang dyno.

A lot of guys just don't realize the potential power gains to be had by spending some time with a tune when you know what you're doing. Most of the 4.6 guys out there have had their car tuned by a tuner that makes simple changes to the fuel/spark curves and doesn't really know how to tweak the VE tables and manipulate the software. Becuase of this they just don't realize that spending some time with software like Advantage 3.0 can make amazing gains on a N/A 2 valve.

I won't even post my N/A dyno sheet in a thread, because I know this will happen. :D

Keep up the good work, it sounds like you have a very competent tuner. They are hard to find nowadays.:)

well thats good to here from you it is the truth , he went through alot of tunes to get it where it is ... the only reason he did is because it is my car and we are really close friends . He spent alot of time with the softwear tweaking everything .

thanks for the reply

hahahahahahaha...this is on a mustang dyno too. so on a dynojet dyno you would break 300rwph with no mods. WOW! guys all over the country with ALL the bolt ons, full exhause including l/t headers, cams, ported heads, race intake, plus built high compression engines are lucky to put out 330rwhp. how can you even be serious? i know that is what the sheet says, but on the mustang dyno all the tuner has to do is make some changes to the machine as far as weight of the vehicle and so on...and the results will come out totally different.

as far as the other guy that got tuned there with the blower, im sure the tuner does not mean to put wrong info in the dyno....but he does. thus getting extreamly high numbers. go somewhere else that has a dyno jet and see what you get.

I do not know if his numbers are good or not. I do not know how to tune a computer controlled EFI. But on a carb engine the difference between just changing jets and and a total carb rework is huge. I am not just talking max. Hp but a nice increase in average HP as seen by A-B-A tests on an engine dyno. I am talking about pro done carbs that cost thousands of dollars. So if his friend took the time and had the knowledge I can believe his results would be better than most.

Mustang dynos can be, and are often times, run in inertia mode just like a Dynojet and giving nearly identical numbers as a Dynojet.

You guys would be surprised how much there is to gain by pulsing the injector specifically early enough and briefly enough to cool the valve yet not create an overly rich condition. 98% of the tuners across the country will tune VERY conservatively so they can protect their reputation of saying they have tuned x-amount of cars without them blowing up. But they leave a BUNCH of HP on the table. 330 RWHP is not even close to the limit of these 2 valves.

well thats good to here from you it is the truth , he went through alot of tunes to get it where it is ... the only reason he did is because it is my car and we are really close friends . He spent alot of time with the softwear tweaking everything .

thanks for the reply

He tuned it for an hour and 15 minutes according to that sheet.....how long does a normal tune take?

He tuned it for an hour and 15 minutes according to that sheet.....how long does a normal tune take?

There is nothing on a dyno sheet that tells you how long the tuner spent actually tuning the car. The time of the run and the time printed mean just what they sound like.

No such thing as a "normal" tune. It's taken me as little as 30 minutes to do a simple N/A tune on a cooperative car, and then sometimes you can spend countless hours on a power adder car that doesn't want to cooperate.