1999 Gt

Al98gt

Aug 13, 2007
morrisville pa
Hi im currently looking at at 1999 musatang gt with a 1.7 kennebell with 55k miles on it,with 359rwhp, he wants 11500 or best, 2 questions, is it worth that price? and what would it run in a 1/4 mile? thank you

ooh yea it is an automatic with a trans to go shift kit

• Sponsors (?)

The Kenne Bell kits are normally expensive. I assume that's the main reason why he is asking so much. That seems a little high.

I would go over that motor with a fine tooth comb. Figure out who tuned it, and ask to see the dyno sheet. If it hasn't been tuned, walk away.

Don't forget to go over the rest of the car. Rust, body damage, and normal maintenance parts.

Way overpriced, supercharged or not.

Some people seem to think that when they go to sell their car they can take the value of the car and then add every single dollar and cent that they've put into it on top of that value. It just doesn't work that way. That car is worth $7500 or so.

Man, I don't know where all you guys are, but around here, that guy would be asking an easy $12-13K for that car and probably get it.

Al98gt, you should really take responses in this thread with a grain of salt. Where a vehicle may go for next to nothing is some of the Southern US states, it may go for nearly double in the Northern and Coastal areas. What a car is worth is subject to your geographical location.

Man, I don't know where all you guys are, but around here, that guy would be asking an easy $12-13K for that car and probably get it.

Al98gt, you should really take responses in this thread with a grain of salt. Where a vehicle may go for next to nothing is some of the Southern US states, it may go for nearly double in the Northern and Coastal areas. What a car is worth is subject to your geographical location.

It seems a little high, but that's just my .02, 1.5 yrs ago I paid 6500 for my 99 GT. Granted that was in Nov. 2009 and right in the middle of the "recession". Now the same cars, well they're going for alot more. Geographic region has alot to do with it, but it doesn't make sense why they would be more up north compared to southern cars given the harsher weather conditions etc. they're subjected to. Maybe it's that there are more of them the further south you go and it's supply/demand, IDK?

In the end, what a car is worth is what someone is willing to pay for it. But I'd go thru it with a fine tooth comb before I shell out that much $$ on a car that's been raced.

+11355903969484258904868532558

It drives me absolutely nuts when people slander others asking price on their car. even if that car was priced at $6000, i guarantee someone on here would state it was priced too high. IF the mods to the car are done correctly and the car is properly tuned along with being very clean, i dont think the asking price is all that high. that same car would be priced at that or higher all day long in TN. location location location - huge factor.

if you want a NICE clean car, you have to pay for it. BUT - always try and negotiate a better deal. never hurts to try but be tactful about it.

I used to KBB and his zip code to come up with $7500. Thats what a 99 GT with 55K miles goes for in HIS location. I really don't care what other people think of my opinion, but asking another $4K just because it's supercharged is downright ridiculous.

ah, the prestigious KBB value. :rolleyes:

well, for kicks and grins i just "booked" a 1991 GT in excellent condition, loaded up with all the highest possible options and keyed in 55,000 miles. all of this for my specific zip code. the grand total came out to be $3,875.

so, the next you see a mint 91 GT in mcminnville, tn with 55,000 miles on it for sale, just email or call the seller and TELL him his car is worth $3,875. see how that works out for ya.

ah, the prestigious KBB value. :rolleyes:

well, for kicks and grins i just "booked" a 1991 GT in excellent condition, loaded up with all the highest possible options and keyed in 55,000 miles. all of this for my specific zip code. the grand total came out to be $3,875.

so, the next you see a mint 91 GT in mcminnville, tn with 55,000 miles on it for sale, just email or call the seller and TELL him his car is worth $3,875. see how that works out for ya.

Like the saying goes, there's a sucker for every sale. Obviously from cetain posts i this thread, there are still plenty of people that give this saying any truth :nice:

The purpose of this thread was to get opinions from other people on the price/value of aboe mentioned vehicle. If certain people "are driven absolutely nuts" when those people give their opinions, then perhaps they should rethink their approach to a website like this.

Hi im currently looking at at 1999 musatang gt with a 1.7 kennebell with 55k miles on it,with 359rwhp, he wants 11500 or best, 2 questions, is it worth that price? and what would it run in a 1/4 mile? thank you

ooh yea it is an automatic with a trans to go shift kit

Look it over. If you want it offer him 8-9k. With a good driver and supporting suspension mods you could potentially sneak into the high 11's in the 1/4. Most decent drivers would run low to mid 12's with a base KB kit.

Like the saying goes, there's a sucker for every sale. Obviously from cetain posts i this thread, there are still plenty of people that give this saying any truth :nice:

The purpose of this thread was to get opinions from other people on the price/value of aboe mentioned vehicle. If certain people "are driven absolutely nuts" when those people give their opinions, then perhaps they should rethink their approach to a website like this.

so i guess anyone that gives anything over book value is a 'sucker' . lotta suckers on this site.

how many suckers would pay over the kbb price on that fox i listed above? several i believe.

i am merely stating my opinion as well. perhaps if 'they' dont like my opinion, maybe 'they' should be the one to rethink posting on a forum. :stick:

Maybe it's that there are more of them the further south you go and it's supply/demand, IDK?

...QUOTE]

Partially this. On top of that, in states where they use salt on the roads in winter, a clean car of any make/model with good paint and no visible damage from winter accidents is a lot less common than down South. Alot of northern GT's get stored over the winter, so there's fewer ragged out examples to drag down the average price. IOW, most of the ones you see for sale where I live are remarkably clean cars.

Here there is a floor of ~$9K (asking price) for a 99+ Mustang GT coupe, add a few grand for a convertible. You won't find a clean example for much less around here regardless of mileage or year. There are sometimes cars for sale for less, but they are the opposite of a good deal - bad paint, broken trim and interior pieces, shredded seats, etc.